Louise Lightfoot > Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP Offices
- Go to...
Louise is a Legal Director in our Human Resources practice group advising clients on a wide range of employment law issues and frequently appears in Tribunal.
Recent Tribunal experience includes assisting a health sector client successfully defend a complex sex and race discrimination claim and a construction sector client successfully defend a multi party claim for holiday pay.
Louise has particular experience in advising on the employment aspects of commercial transactions and providing strategic advice in connection with reorganisations and TUPE transfers and regularly manages cross jurisdictional projects on behalf of our International clients.
Louise is also part of the Immigration law team and advises clients on complying with their obligations under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 and obtaining sponsorship licences.
The employment practice at Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP fields an extensive team comprised of experts in the full range of contentious and non-contentious issues. Practice head Paul Cotton is a go-to figure for corporate TUPE engagements, multijurisdictional reorganisations and senior executive terminations. Simon Rice-Birchall leads on National Minimum Wage investigations, while Christopher Mordue has a focus on strategic employment issues in the education sector, and Louise Lightfoot is an expert in business immigration and outsourcing matters. The team also regularly represents employers in whistleblowing claims concerning workplace harassment and misconduct.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Employment: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Property litigation