Louise Lightfoot > Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP Offices
- Go to...
Louise is a Legal Director in our Human Resources practice group advising clients on a wide range of employment law issues and frequently appears in Tribunal.
Recent Tribunal experience includes assisting a health sector client successfully defend a complex sex and race discrimination claim and a construction sector client successfully defend a multi party claim for holiday pay.
Louise has particular experience in advising on the employment aspects of commercial transactions and providing strategic advice in connection with reorganisations and TUPE transfers and regularly manages cross jurisdictional projects on behalf of our International clients.
Louise is also part of the Immigration law team and advises clients on complying with their obligations under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 and obtaining sponsorship licences.
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP‘s employment practice is noted for its ‘commercial, pragmatic and timely advice’, and fields a team of experts focusing on a mix of contentious and non-contentious matters. The group handles domestic and international employment matters for a large corporate client base including Russell Group universities and national gas providers. Practice head Paul Cotton is the key contact for TUPE issues and cross-border reorganisations. Other core members of the group include Simon Rice-Birchall, who specialises in national minimum wage compliance issues; Christopher Mordue, who has strength in the higher education sector; and Louise Lightfoot, who focuses on business immigration matters. At the associate level, Tanzeela Hussain is rated by clients.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Property litigation