Kevin Elliott > Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP Offices
- Go to...
Kevin is the head of Eversheds’ health and safety team, specialising in representing both individuals and organisations following workplace fatalities and serious incidents. Kevin also advises organisations on contentious environmental investigations and prosecutions.
Kevin has been involved in many of the high profile health and safety cases over the past decade including the Potters Bar train crash, Morecambe Bay helicopter crash and Chester le Street inflatable artwork fatalities.
Kevin devised and developed the Eversheds’ health and safety review product and has worked with a number of global and UK enterprises to test and review the robustness of their safety management systems. Kevin has then worked with these organisations to put in place effective improvements.
Kevin is a regular lecturer, author and broadcaster on health and safety topics. Since 2013 he has spoken at health and safety conferences in Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal as well as the UK.
Kevin is retained by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency to prosecute health and safety and pollution incidents at sea. He is a member of the North Sea Network of prosecutors.
In the environmental field, Kevin regularly represents organisations under investigation for alleged environmental offences. He has a Masters degree in Environmental Law, with a specific interest in water pollution offences.
“He is an expert in the field with an ability to give clear guidance and not sit on the fence”. Chambers Directory 2014
“He has exceptional experience in health and safety”. Chambers Directory 2015
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Property litigation