Kate Newman > Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP Offices
- Go to...
Kate Newman is a Partner in our Competition, EU and Trade team and has more than 18 years of experience in the competition / anti-trust field. Kate has a wealth of experience across a wide spectrum of EU and UK competition law matters including the application of competition law to strategic collaborations, commercial strategies, trade practices and agreements; abuse of dominance; mergers and acquisitions; joint ventures; and advising clients who are the subject of investigation by the competition authorities, including cartel investigations and market investigations.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The team at Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP is experienced in competition law investigations and behavioural competition law matters, as well as the complementary areas of procurement and state aid work. It is particularly active in front of the CMA on merger control matters, and is noted for its international client base. Practice head Kate Newman is knowledgeable of the competition and antitrust implications of transactions and joint ventures, strategic collaborations, commercial strategies and trade practice, while Elizabeth Marshall is a specialist in procurement matters. Legal director Nicola Holmes is well versed in pricing practices.
- EU and competition - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Property litigation