Elina Mucina > Eversheds Sutherland Bitāns > Riga, Latvia > Lawyer Profile
Eversheds Sutherland Bitāns Offices
20A LACPLESA STREET
- Go to...
Elīna Muciņa is a Partner at Eversheds Sutherland Riga office and is leading the Employment practice group. She acts as a strategic partner for our clients and provides them with employment-related legal and business solutions in a local and cross-border environment. She assists clients in improving their employment-related action plans, as well as in drafting and developing employment documentation.
Having more than 10 years of experience with privacy matters, Elīna also provides substantial legal support to our clients on a wide range of personal data protection issues. She leads the GDPR audit and implementation work at Eversheds Sutherland Bitāns and conducts trainings on GDPR. She supports our clients in any questions related to GDPR and has participated in numerous multi-jurisdictional personal data protection consultations. She has also extensive experience of presenting at seminars.
Elīna has been named the Next Generation Partner by Legal500 in 2020.
She is a co-author of commentaries to the Constitution of Latvia.
Elīna Muciņa holds an LL.M. degree from the University of Latvia and joined the Latvian Bar Association in 2013.
Elīna’s most significant recent projects include:
- Providing daily advice to a global electronic appliances’ manufacturer on employment and privacy matters, including providing regular efficient and prompt legal reviews of privacy-related documentation.
- Preparation of full package of documentation for launching e-store for selling medical devices.
- Advising global technology company in relation to local legal limitations for candidates’ background check.
- Leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk solutions in a sensitive employment matter involving termination of the employment legal relationships with key-manager of the client.
Latvian, English, Russian
Member of the Latvian Bar Association
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Eversheds Sutherland Bitāns‘ IP and data protection team, which is led by Agris Bitāns, has a strong pedigree for representing clients in IP disputes. Its work spans trade marks, patents and copyright. Also notable is that the firm is increasingly seen in matters involving the hi-tech, biotech and new media industries. Elsewhere, clients also turn to the firm for advice on IT disputes, such as those concerning computer software (and copyright protected code used to compose such programmes), and also for assistance with GDPR issues. Elina Mucina is another key name in the group.
Contentious matters are a particular area of strength at Eversheds Sutherland Bitāns, which recently acted for clients on cases brought by employees and trade unions over allegedly unfair terminations. The team is also highly skilled in non-contentious work and regularly assists clients with their employee contracts and internal policies. The practice is led by Elina Mucina, who is well versed in local employment regulations, having previously worked for the Department of the Ministry of Welfare of the Republic of Latvia. Managing partner Agris Bitāns is also highly skilled in employment disputes. Senior associate Jānis Siliņš is another name to note.
- Employment - Latvia
- IP, IT and telecoms - Latvia
- Next Generation Partners - Latvia > Employment
- Next Generation Partners - Latvia > IP, IT and telecoms