Jason Blakey > Squire Patton Boggs > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Squire Patton Boggs Offices
6 WELLINGTON PLACE
- Go to...
Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire(Next Generation Partners)
The team at Squire Patton Boggs has strong capabilities in local, national and international disputes thanks to its close-knit network of offices. Clients from the financial services, food, retail, manufacturing, IT and utilities sectors often approach the group, which is well-positioned to represent clients in breach of contract actions, claims for conspiracy, conversion issues, breaches of fiduciary duty/restrictive covenants, shareholder disputes and warranty claims. Jason Blakey is noted for his ‘outstanding commercialism‘; he and David Holland are the key contacts in Leeds. Senior associate Jenny Broderick is singled out as ‘technically superb and commercially excellent’.
‘Consistently strong with litigation work‘, Squire Patton Boggs‘ team is adept at contentious regulatory and fraud-related pensions work, with additional expertise in professional negligence cases, where it represents trustees and employers in bringing claims. Tax disputes and data protection issues concerning pension schemes are other niches for the group, which also has a growing risk management focus. Leading the department from Manchester is ‘excellent case strategist‘ Victoria Leigh, who is active in pension disputes thought leadership. Also in Manchester, senior associate Rebecca Green is building a practice that involves pension-related professional negligence claims. In Birmingham, Simon Garbett acts for employer and trustee clients across the waterfront of contentious pensions issues. In Leeds, Jason Blakey has experience in representing companies involved in pensions liberation fraud cases.
- Next Generation Partners - Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery