Simon Jones > Squire Patton Boggs > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Squire Patton Boggs Offices
148 EDMUND STREET
- Go to...
Squire Patton Boggs‘ group combines know-how in the traditional retail sector with consumer brand capabilities, handling the full suite of legal matters across the supply chain. The group is instructed on finance, restructuring, advertising, IP, real estate, employment and corporate mandates. Employment law maven Matthew Lewis heads the global practice from Leeds, where Prew Lumley handles portfolio management mandates. Other names to note include London-based Carlton Daniel, who mainly advises on IP issues, and Birmingham-based Simon Jones, noted for his track record in IT projects.
Squire Patton Boggs‘ ‘highly capable’ team has a strong foothold in various industries requiring IT services, however it stands out due to its expertise in technology-led energy projects, including matters involving electric vehicles and the development of clean air zones. In addition, clients benefit from the firm’s international presence, which enables it to provide advice on global SaaS contracts, multi-jurisdictional fraud prevention strategies and various related matters. Stuart James is best known for advising clients on the procurement of IT systems in the healthcare, retail, financial services and utilities sectors. Simon Jones is an expert in IT outsourcing projects, with a niche in autonomous vehicles and smart manufacturing mandates. Associate Sam Tibbetts is also recommended.
With a large team across the UK, Squire Patton Boggs is well positioned to handle significant M&A, regulatory matters, commercial agreements and employment litigation involving major football clubs and other prominent sporting organisations. David Hull has built a strong reputation as a result of handling numerous M&A transactions for football clubs. On the non-contentious side, Charlie Frost is a core member of the team and is singled out for advising clients on complex employment law matters, while Simon Jones stands out for his diverse commercial sports practice. At a more junior level, senior associate Sarah Wilkinson is a standout lawyer, with a particular focus on employment issues.
- IT and telecoms - West Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Sport - West Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Employment > Health and safety
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Property litigation