Simon Garbett > Squire Patton Boggs > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Squire Patton Boggs Offices
148 EDMUND STREET
- Go to...
Squire Patton Boggs has a specialism in retail mis-selling claims, including those related to film finance and payment protection insurance. Its expertise extends into the fields of regulatory issues and dispute management through insurance policy coverage. Simon Garbett is a qualified solicitor advocate who specialises in commercial and financial services litigation and arbitration. Senior director Ian Skinner has a long history dealing with fraud and professional negligence work.
‘Consistently strong with litigation work‘, Squire Patton Boggs‘ team is adept at contentious regulatory and fraud-related pensions work, with additional expertise in professional negligence cases, where it represents trustees and employers in bringing claims. Tax disputes and data protection issues concerning pension schemes are other niches for the group, which also has a growing risk management focus. Leading the department from Manchester is ‘excellent case strategist‘ Victoria Leigh, who is active in pension disputes thought leadership. Also in Manchester, senior associate Rebecca Green is building a practice that involves pension-related professional negligence claims. In Birmingham, Simon Garbett acts for employer and trustee clients across the waterfront of contentious pensions issues. In Leeds, Jason Blakey has experience in representing companies involved in pensions liberation fraud cases.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Employment > Health and safety
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Property litigation