Squire Patton Boggs > Frankfurt, Germany > Firm Profile
Squire Patton Boggs Offices
Squire Patton Boggs > The Legal 500 RankingsSquire Patton Boggs comprehensively advises in the real estate sector, with a focus on supporting national and international real estate transactions, where practice head Kai Mertens regularly takes the lead. The team covers various asset categories, particularly residential and commercial, as well as project development transactions and related tax structurings. This is complemented by litigious experience.
Other key lawyers:
- Advice to Deutsche Wohnen on the sale of 2,200 residential units to LEG with a volume of over €300 million and advice to Deutsche Wohnen and Vonovia on the sale of around 18,000 residential units to subsidiaries of the State of Berlin with a volume of over €2.5 billion.
- Defense of Deutsche Wohnen in a lawsuit regarding a broker’s fee as well as defense against the fine of approx. €14.5 million imposed by the Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection in Freedom of Information.
- Representing GSW Immobilien AG against the assertion of a €10 million transaction fee by Burning Bush Ltd. following the 2017 transaction of Epicure’s portfolio of approximately 5,000 residential units.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very well-established team with quick response times. Clear and transparent communication channels with precisely defined responsibilities in the team.’
‘Kai Mertens: In-depth knowledge of corporate law and of economic fundamentals of the cases at hand. Large wealth of experience in the M&A area. Very quick response times.’
‘Squire Patton Boggs has a perfectly organised, efficient, personable team.’
‘Kai Mertens: Incomparable. He is not to be disturbed when it comes to technical questions, nor does he accept provocations.’
‘We have been working with Kai Mertens’ team on all corporate law issues for years. Mandates range from capital measures to spin-offs of subsidiaries to general meetings. I particularly appreciated a situation when we needed a quick solution that Mertens and his team were unable to provide due to time constraints. He would rather recommend alternatives than not being able to deliver 100% himself.’
‘Kai Mertens: An outstanding corporate lawyer with an entrepreneurial perspective. He is clear and quick in his recommendations and actions and also supports us beyond the typical client relationship through networking initiatives.’
Green Light Group
MLL Münchner Leukämielabor (MLL MVZ GmbH)
Stadt Potsdam und verbundene Unternehmen (Pro Potsdam und Stadtwerke Potsdam)
- Advised Animoca Brands on the formation of a joint venture with One Football, a metaverse football media platform, for the development, production and distribution of football NFTs.
- Conversion of MLL Munich Leukemia Laboratory, a partnership of contract doctors and private doctors, into an MVZ GmbH, including the SGB-V approval process.
- Advising Deutsche Wohnen on the drafting of a business combination agreement with Vonovia and group integration after a public takeover.
Squire Patton Boggs > Firm Profile
The firm: Squire Patton Boggs is one of the world’s strongest integrated law firms, providing insight at the point where law, business and government meet.
The firm gives clients a voice, supports their ambitions and is committed to working alongside them to achieve successful outcomes.
With a multidisciplinary team of more than 1,500 lawyers in 47 offices across 20 countries, Squire Patton Boggs provides unrivalled access to expertise, guidance and invaluable connections on the ground. The firm delivers a seamlessly connected service that operates on any scale – locally or globally – and encompasses virtually every matter, jurisdiction and market.
The firm offers solutions shaped by a clear, commercially-focused understanding of clients’ business. Its robust and open culture enables the firm to find the right answers quickly and effectively from committed teams who understand the geographic, sector or issue-specific challenges at hand. Recognising the impact of politics and regulation on businesses across the world today, the firm has a unique mix of world-renowned lobbying and political capabilities supporting clients across Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
Squire Patton Boggs advises a diverse mix of clients – from long-established leading corporations to emerging businesses, startup visionaries and sovereign nations – whom the firm places at the core of everything it does.
|Aerospace, defence and government services|
|Brands and consumer products|
|Competition – antitrust|
|Construction and engineering|
|Data privacy and cybersecurity|
|Energy and natural resources|
|Environmental, safety and health|
|Government investigations and white-collar|
|Hospitality and leisure|
|Intellectual property and technology|
|International dispute resolution|
|Labour and employment|
|Media and advertising|
|Private investment funds|
|Public and infrastructure finance|
|Restructuring and insolvency|
|Sports and entertainment|
|Tax credit finance and community development|
|Tax strategy and benefits|
|Transportation, shipping and logistics|