Mr Nils Eliasson > Shearman & Sterling > Hong Kong, Hong Kong > Lawyer Profile
Shearman & Sterling Offices
21st Floor Gloucester Tower
15 Queen’s Road Central
- Go to...
Mr Nils Eliasson
Nils Eliasson is a partner in Shearman & Sterling’s International Arbitration Group. He acts as counsel or arbitrator in commercial and investment treaty arbitrations, ad hoc and institutional. His experience includes arbitrations related to joint ventures, M&A, energy, oil and gas, construction & engineering, foreign investment, and commercial disputes. Based in Hong Kong for the past 10 years, he is widely considered as a leading practitioner for disputes related to Asia, and to China in particular. He is a member of the HKIAC Council and the Chairman of the HKIAC Proceedings Committee. Nils is also a member of the Hong Kong Government Advisory Committee on Arbitration.
Swedish, English, German
- Member, Hong Kong Government Advisory Committee on Arbitration (2019–21)
- Member, HKIAC Council
- Chairman, HKIAC Proceedings Committee
- Member (Hong Kong), ICC Commission on Arbitration
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Founder and Past Executive Committee Member, HK45
- University of Lund, Doctor of laws (Jur.dr.)
- University of Lund, Master of laws (Jur. kand)
- University of Utrecht, Certificate in Comparative and International Law
Asia Pacific: Regional International Arbitration > Leading firms
Nils Eliasson, who divides his time between Beijing and Hong Kong, Emmanuel Jacomy, who is based in Beijing and Singapore, alongside Daryl Chew in the latter, are the key names to note in Shearman & Sterling LLP‘s international arbitration practice, which has particular experience in investment treaty arbitration.
Hong Kong > Dispute resolution: international arbitration(Leading individuals)
At Shearman & Sterling, Nils Eliasson (who splits his time between the firm’s Beijing and Hong Kong offices) leads the team. Recent work include Eliasson leading the advice to the Republic of China concerning an ICSID arbitration brought against the client by German company Hela Schwarz under the China-Germany bilateral investment treaty. Associate Kitty Zheng is another key name in the Hong Kong office.
China > Dispute resolution: foreign firms
Shearman & Sterling LLP is recommended for disputes and arbitrations involving the energy, construction, infrastructure, financial and telecoms sectors, as well as joint venture and shareholder disputes, and M&A-related claims. Shanghai’s Brian Burke heads the Asia litigation and investigations practice, Nils Eliasson divides his time between Hong Kong and Beijing, and Emmanuel Jacomy is based in Beijing and Singapore.
- Leading individuals - Hong Kong > Dispute resolution: international arbitration
- Dispute resolution: international arbitration - Hong Kong