Nick Withers > Shearman & Sterling LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Shearman & Sterling LLP Offices
9 APPOLD STREET
- Go to...
Mergers and Acquisitions.
Nick Withers is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Nick has extensive experience across a range of corporate transactions, including public and private M&A transaction, private equity, joint ventures, equity capital markets, corporate governance and general corporate advisory work.
Prior to joining Shearman & Sterling, Nick worked at a Magic Circle firm in London and spent two and a half years working in the Singapore office of a major international firm.
- England and Wales
B.A. in History (Hons)
Shearman & Sterling LLP‘s London team has noted expertise with regards to on insurance regulatory matters, M&A, finance and antitrust. The team is also well-regarded for its advice to insurers on Brexit-related issues. Department head Barney Reynolds advises insurance-based clients on new UK/EU regulatory laws, business structures and new services and products. Thomas Donegan and Nick Withers are also key individuals within the department.
Following the arrival of the ‘exceptional’ practice head Philip Cheveley in May 2021, Shearman & Sterling LLP has continued to build out its London offering, bringing in corporate finance specialist Magaen Morrison from Hogan Lovells International LLP in March 2022 and making the TMT and energy focused Richard Porter up to partner. Global private capital head Paul Strecker is a prolific transactional lawyer whose multiple qualifications (England & Wales, New York, California, and Hong Kong) make him ideally positioned to represent a diverse roster of clients in high-stakes, cross-border deals. Nick Withers’ broad capabilities sees him handling all manner of work, with recent highlights including high-value disposals in the mining, shipping, and insurance sectors. Senior associate Isla Smith is also recommended. Former Europe and Middle East M&A head Laurence Levy has now retired.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Insurance: corporate and regulatory - London > Insurance
- M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+ - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Finance > High yield
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – mid-large cap
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax