Simon Letherman > Shearman & Sterling LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Shearman & Sterling LLP Offices
9 APPOLD STREET
- Go to...
Partner and head of Shearman & Sterling’s London Tax group. Simon specialises in UK and international corporate taxation, advising on direct and indirect tax aspects of a wide range of transactions, including: mergers and acquisitions; domestic and international banking; corporate reorganisations; private equity; investment funds; structured finance; derivatives; capital markets; outsourcing; and real estate transactions.
Trained at Slaughter and May 2000-02; tax associate at Slaughter & May 2002-09; joined Shearman & Sterling as counsel 2010.
To read more, visit: https://www.shearman.com/people/l/letherman-simon.
Manchester Grammar School; St Catherine’s College, Oxford University (BA); Manchester University (MSc; PhD).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Industry focus > Energy and infrastructure
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets - mid-high cap
- Finance > High yield
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure (PFI and PPP)
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Finance > Islamic finance
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency