Simon Letherman > Shearman & Sterling LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Shearman & Sterling LLP Offices
9 APPOLD STREET
- Go to...
Partner and head of Shearman & Sterling’s London Tax group. Simon specialises in UK and international corporate taxation, advising on direct and indirect tax aspects of a wide range of transactions, including: mergers and acquisitions; domestic and international banking; corporate reorganisations; private equity; investment funds; structured finance; derivatives; capital markets; outsourcing; and real estate transactions.
Trained at Slaughter and May 2000-02; tax associate at Slaughter & May 2002-09; joined Shearman & Sterling as counsel 2010.
Manchester Grammar School; St Catherine’s College, Oxford University (BA); Manchester University (MSc; PhD).
London > Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
At Shearman & Sterling LLP, the team handles the full spectrum of traditional corporate tax matters for a variety of domestic and international, public and private sector clients. It also often works closely with the firm’s international private capital industry group to advise on complex structures. Simon Letherman leads the team and is a real tax generalist.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Finance > Derivatives (including commodities)
- Finance > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – mid-large cap
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Finance > High yield
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure (including PFI and PPP)
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Risk advisory > Brexit
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Finance > Islamic finance
- Finance > Structured products and securitisation
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+