Laurence Levy > Shearman & Sterling LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Shearman & Sterling LLP Offices
9 APPOLD STREET
- Go to...
Mergers and Acquisitions.
Head of the European & Middle Eastern mergers and acquisitions group. He has more than 30 years’ experience advising on corporate finance transactions and other corporate matters, including public and private company mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, restructurings, privatisations, equity capital markets and general corporate advisory work.
Trained Norton Rose; qualified 1988; Norton Rose 1986-2006, including secondment to the Hong Kong office 1991-1994; partner Norton Rose 1996-2006; partner Shearman & Sterling 2006.
To read more, visit: https://www.shearman.com/people/l/levy-laurence.
University College School, London; Emmanuel College, Cambridge (MA Law and Classics).
From locations in the USA, London, and elsewhere, Shearman & Sterling LLP provides Quatari clients with the full range of corporate and finance support on their global investments. George Casey in New York (global managing partner), Laurence Levy and John Inglis in London and Domenico Fanuele in Rome are the main contacts. The work encompasses cross-border M&A transactions, carve-out sales, strategic investments and joint ventures. It offering extends to capital markets and specialist funds matters.
Shearman & Sterling LLP made a significant play in the City M&A market in 2021, with the hire of Travers’ former London M&A head Phil Cheveley . Cheveley joins a team co-led by veteran practitioner Laurence Levy , who advises across a range of public and private company deals for companies from sectors such as media, finance and consumer goods. Other notable partners in the London team include Nick Withers , who advises clients from sectors such as financial services, TMT, and life sciences. Infrastructure partner Tim Sheddick left for White & Case LLP .
- Hall of Fame - London > Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+ - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Finance > High yield
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – mid-large cap
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)