Ms Donna Parisi > Shearman & Sterling LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Shearman & Sterling LLP Offices
599 LEXINGTON AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022-6069
- Go to...
Ms Donna Parisi
Derivatives & Structured Products
Partner, Global Head of the Derivatives & Structured Products practice and Global Co-Head of Financial Institutions industry.
Donna is a leading lawyer in the derivatives and structured products space, respected and recognized for the breadth of her knowledge of derivatives transactions and agreements, regulatory requirements and commercial considerations.
She advises clients on the full range of derivatives, structured products, securitization, capital markets and commodities matters. In particular, she has assisted clients in the development and structuring of new financial products and is experienced in the negotiation and documentation of OTC derivative transactions across the full range of asset classes. In addition, her practice includes the exchange-traded futures and options markets, as well as advising on a variety of investment management matters.
Donna represents major financial institutions, including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Wells Fargo and Morgan Stanley, hedge funds and other private investment funds, as well as large corporate clients.
She frequently serves as a panelist in reform-focused events held by outlets and institutions such as the Financial Times, the Glass Hammer, Thomson Reuters and the Practising Law Institute.
- Member, Committee on Commodities and Futures Law, New York State Bar Association
- Boston College Law School, J.D., magna cum laude; Order of the Coif
- Vassar College, B.A.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Shearman & Sterling LLP is engaged by buy-side and sell-side clients and market infrastructure providers, and has broad strengths in equity, commodity and credit-linked derivatives and proprietary trading. Practice head Donna Parisi and Azam Aziz provide ongoing regulatory and transactional derivatives advice to a litany of hedge funds and corporate end-users, and also regularly advise financial institutions and corporate issuers on equity derivatives transactions including equity collars, convertible note hedges and total return swaps. Parisi is also assisting Citigroup with amendments to its margin documentation with respect to uncleared OTC derivatives. Also recommended is Geoffrey Goldman, who is acting for IntercontinentalExchange in relation to the development of its swaps and futures clearinghouses and trading business; in this capacity, the team has been especially active in the development of blockchain-related derivative trading.(Hall of Fame)
- Hall of Fame - United States > Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Hall of Fame - United States > Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Leading lawyers - United States > Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Structured finance: derivatives and structured products - United States > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Tax > Financial products
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Finance > Capital markets: equity offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: global offerings
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Dispute resolution > International litigation
- Tax > International tax
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Finance > Capital markets: debt
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/ exchange-traded funds
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: conventional power
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: contentious
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Finance > Project finance