Mr Daryl Chew > Shearman & Sterling LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Shearman & Sterling LLP Offices
6 BATTERY ROAD #25-03
- Go to...
Mr Daryl Chew
Head of Singapore Office
Daryl Chew is a partner in Shearman & Sterling’s International Arbitration practice and Head of the firm’s Singapore office. He acts as counsel and arbitrator in international arbitrations, with focus on construction, infrastructure, energy, M&A, joint venture and general commercial disputes. Daryl’s experience includes arbitrations conducted in the world’s principal arbitral seats under most major arbitration rules. He is regularly commended in leading directories and professional publications, including in Chambers Global, Chambers Asia-Pacific, Legal 500 and Who’s Who Legal, which notes that he is “‘one of the brightest’ in the Asian market, with impressive expertise in handling commercial disputes”.
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA) Arb40 Steering Committee
- Member, Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC) Users’ Council and YSIAC Committee
- Member, Professional Conduct Council Working Group, Singapore Supreme Court
- Member, Singapore Management University School of Law Advisory Board
- Visiting Lecturer, National University of Singapore – ‘SIAC and Institutional Arbitration’ (Academic Year 2019-2020)
- National University of Singapore, LL.B. (1st Class Honours), Recipient of the Chief Justices’ Prize, awarded to the best overall student
Nils Eliasson, who divides his time between Beijing and Hong Kong, Emmanuel Jacomy, who is based in Beijing and Singapore, alongside Daryl Chew in the latter, are the key names to note in Shearman & Sterling LLP‘s international arbitration practice, which has particular experience in investment treaty arbitration.(Next Generation Partners)
Shearman & Sterling LLP has outstanding global credentials in international arbitration and this is very much in evidence in Singapore where office managing partner Daryl Chew leads an especially impressive team. The group, which includes a variety of nationalities, is noted for construction and infrastructure, energy, and joint-venture and shareholder disputes; infrastructure and oil and gas are growth areas. The team is active in South East Asia disputes involving Chinese parties and is gaining ground in Korea cases, following the launch of an office in Seoul; the highly rated Singapore associate Brandon Bang is a Korean speaker. Partner Emmanuel Jacomy splits his time between Beijing and Singapore, and is a key figure for Chinese clients.
- Next Generation Partners - Singapore > International arbitration
- International arbitration - Singapore