Angelo Paparelli > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > Los Angeles (Downtown), United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
333 SOUTH HOPE STREET
LOS ANGELES , CA 90071-1406
- Go to...
Angelo Paparelli is a Partner in the Immigration Practice Group in Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Downtown Los Angeles and New York City Offices. Angelo is a Certified Immigration Law Specialist (California) and a Fellow in the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers with experience in a wide array of sub-specialties of US immigration law, and a focus on employment- and investment-based immigration. He also serves as an expert witness and consultant on immigration issues arising in litigation, and as an advocate for due-process reforms to America’s immigration laws.
Angelo’s immigration practice areas include compliance reviews and employer defense in government investigations; counsel and due diligence in mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructurings; immigration-related federal court litigation under the Administrative Procedure Act; visas for executives, managers, entrepreneurs, investors, scientists, scholars, knowledge workers, students and business visitors; employment-based immigrant visa petitions; retention of permanent residence and acquisition of citizenship; waivers and restorations of lapsed immigration status; white-collar immigration; global mobility; consular practice; immigration-related corporate policy formulation; legislative and regulatory advocacy; and asylum.
Angelo is also active in legal and regulatory issues involved in the deployment of blockchain technologies. His focus is on providing counsel to businesses concerned with blockchain-related legislation and agency rulemaking, the use of distributed ledger technology in government-mandated record creation and retention, and technology-driven efficiencies in immigration benefits requests and worksite compliance.
Conversational Farsi (Persian)
Fellow, College of Labor & Employment Lawyers
Member of the State Bar of California, Michigan, New York, & D.C.
Founder, Member, and Former President of the Alliance of Business Immigration Attorneys
JD, Wayne State University Law School
BA, University of Michigan
Theatre, Creative Writing, Yoga, Meditation, and Fitness
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Seyfarth Shaw LLP has an ‘exceptional’ immigration practice and continues to be a market leader in business immigration matters for corporates and blue-chip companies. The group has an integrated department spanning employment law and litigation, handling several investigations before federal agencies. Fielding a team of experts across six locations and jointly managed by senior partners Russell Swapp in Boston and Atlanta-based James King; the core group comprises Leon Rodriguez who is singled out for immigration regulatory and policy advice, having been the former director of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services until 2017. Also in Washington DC is counsel Dawn Lurie who is noted for EB-5 investment work. Dyann DelVecchio Hilbern in Boston advises corporations, non-profit organizations, and education institutions on F-1 visas, permanent residence, and other US visa work. Sharon Cook and Gabriel Mozes in Atlanta are key members of the team specializing in foreign talent retention and visa issues, respectively. Over in the West Coast, Angelo Paparelli remains a pre-eminent practitioner, handling government investigations.
- Hall of Fame - United States > Labor and employment > Immigration
- Immigration - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Cannabis
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: consumer products (including tobacco)
- Real estate > Real estate finance
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious