Ms Kathleen Cahill Slaught > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > San Francisco, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
560 MISSION STREET
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94105-2930
- Go to...
Ms Kathleen Cahill Slaught
Labor & Employment Department, ERISA & Employee Benefits Litigation Practice Group; Employee Benefits Department, Welfare Benefits Practice.Labor & Employment Department, ERISA & Employee Benefits Litigation Practice Group; Employee Benefits Department, Welfare Benefits Practice.
Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP; lead trial attorney for class action and single-plaintiff ERISA litigation and arbitration matters; lead trial attorney for large healthcare fraud litigation matter; lead attorney representing Employer Trustees in Taft-Hartley litigation and arbitration matters.
Co-Chair of the ERISA Litigation Practice Group; Board Member of the Seyfarth’s Charitable Foundation; Coach for Associate Coaching Program; Supervisor for Pro Bono matters; Member of the Women’s Affinity Group, Past member of the Lawyer Development Committee, and Office Marketing Committee; Past Chair of the San Francisco Office’s Charitable Foundation Committee, past Chair of the San Francisco Office’s Paralegal and Case Assistant Committee, and past co-Chair of the San Francisco Office’s hiring committee; Partner and mentor for Seyfarth’s Summer Fellow Program; Regular contributor to ERISA & Employee Benefits Litigation Blog and Health Care Reform Management Alerts regarding the Affordable Care Act; Joined the Firm in 1996, Partner in 2001, Of Counsel/Senior Counsel in 2006, Partner 2014 to present.
International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans Foundation regular attendee.
JD, George Washington University Law School (1993); BS, UC San Diego (1990).
US Masters Swimmer, Board Member for Tidalwaves Swim Society and Marin Swim League
Spearheaded by San Francisco-based Kathleen Cahill Slaught and Chicago-based Ian Morrison, the vast geographical reach of Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s ERISA litigation offering makes it a choice for third-party plan administrators and service providers with a national footprint. The department works closely with the firm’s broader benefits practice to provide risk-mitigation advice and pre-litigation support, and handles the full scope of excessive fee, breach of fiduciary and prohibited transaction litigation. San Francisco-based Ward Kallstrom often represents plan sponsors and fiduciaries in claw-back claims against healthcare service providers, while Chicago-based Mark Casciari and Ronald Kramer are currently handling withdrawal liability litigation for defined benefit plan sponsors. The team is also experienced in disputes arising from cash-balance plan conversions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious