Ms Lisa Damon > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > Boston, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
TWO SEAPORT LANE
BOSTON, MA 02210-2028
- Go to...
Ms Lisa Damon
Labor and Employment Department; Employment Litigation & Counseling Practice Group.
Lisa Damon is the former national Chair of the firm’s Labor and Employment Department and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. She is a certified Six Sigma Green Belt and leads the SeyfarthLean program throughout the firm. Her practice has a particular emphasis on the litigation of discrimination and harassment claims in the context of single-plaintiff and multi-plaintiff cases. She also counsels clients on the avoidance of employment litigation through improved management policies and practices, positive employee relations training and diversity assessment. She advises companies nationwide on issues of diversity and conducts privileged and non-privileged audits and assessments of the workplace.
National Chair, Labor and Employment Department, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (2009-2017); Member, Executive Committee, Seyfarth Shaw LLP; Member, Compensation Committee, Seyfarth Shaw LLP; Member, SeyfarthLean Steering Committee; Chair, Labor and Employment Department Leadership Team.
Fellow, College of Labor & Employment Lawyers; American Bar Association; Massachusetts Bar Association; Boston Bar Association; Women’s Bar Association; Greater Boston Legal Services (1996-1999).
JD, Fordham University School of Law (1987); MS, Fordham University (1984); BA, Beloit College (1978).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Seyfarth Shaw LLP‘s team has an impressive range of multinational companies from various industries on its client roster and regularly advises them on organizational change as well as on the design and implementation of compliance systems and processes by developing technology tools in order to avoid litigation. Particular areas of expertise include pay equity matters, in which practice head David Baffa, Annette Tyman and Christine Hendrickson in Chicago are noted, and workplace discrimination and harassment matters, for which New York’s William Perkins is a key contact. In the Boston office, Lisa Damon‘s assistance with policy implementations is instrumental to clients to avoid lawsuits. In Chicago, Ellen McLaughlin has extensive experience in conducting sensitive internal investigations, while Tracy Billows is well versed in leave and accommodations related rights. Counsel Lawrence Lorber, based in Washington DC, is experienced in corporate reorganizations. In the same office, Karla Grossenbacher is also noted. Associate Joshua Seidman in New York is a specialist in paid sick leave laws.
United States > Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
The L&E disputes team at Seyfarth Shaw LLP fields an impressive number of experienced practitioners. It is regularly engaged by nation-wide companies from a variety of industries to represent them in class and collective actions and the group is noted for its involvement in pay equity and BIPA litigation proceedings. Chicago’s Camille Olson is a well-tried litigator with particular experience in discrimination and harassment matters. Practice head Laura Maechtlen, based in San Francisco, has a similar focus. Gerald Maatman, also in Chicago, has long-standing experience in various class actions. Nancy Rafuse, who joined alongside Stan Hill from Polsinelli PC in August 2018, is a key contact in Atlanta for race and gender discrimination claims. New York’s Gina Merrill is noted for her expertise in wage-and-hour matters, among others. Other highlighted practitioners are Lisa Damon in Boston, Lorie Almon in New York, and the recently promoted Coby Turner in Sacramento as well as Brian Stolzenbach and Ellen McLaughlin in Chicago.
- Leading lawyers - United States > Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Workplace and employment counseling - United States > Labor and employment
- Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious