Mr Arthur Telegen > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > Boston, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
TWO SEAPORT LANE
BOSTON, MA 02210-2028
- Go to...
Mr Arthur Telegen
Labor and Employment Department; Labor and Employee Relations Practice Group.
Arthur Telegen is a partner at Seyfarth Shaw in the firm’s Labor and Employee Relations Practice Group. He specializes in union-management relations, representing clients in federal court and before the National Labor Relations Board, at arbitration, and in collective bargaining.
Mr. Telegen is halfway through his fifth decade practicing labor law. While he continues to win major cases for his clients, this past year in the District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of New Hampshire, what he finds most satisfying is getting a phone call presenting a knotty issue with its union, and colaborating on finding the best way to untangle the knot.
ABA; Massachusetts Bar Association; Boston Bar Association; Board of Directors, Greater Boston Legal Services; Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers (since 2001); Best Lawyers (2010 Boston L&E Lawyer of the Year); Chambers, Band 1.
BA, Brandeis University; JD, Harvard University, magna cum laude
Seyfarth Shaw LLP‘s traditional labor practice is experienced in representing clients in unfair labor practice charges as well as proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and in labor arbitrations. The team also handles collective bargaining, union organizing campaigns and strikes, and it has companies from various industries, such as health care, sports, construction, hospitality, transportation, manufacturing and media, on its client roster. In Chicago, Bradford Livingston is an expert in collective bargaining negotiations, while Brian Stolzenbach specialises in developing strategies. Together with the San Francisco-based Joshua Henderson they lead the practice. Arthur Telegen in Boston and Stuart Newman in Atlanta are highlighted for their longstanding activity in labor management relations. Other noted practitioners are New York’s Marshall Babson and Howard Wexler, Kyllan Kershaw in Atlanta, Robert Fisher and associate Skelly Harper in Boston, as well as newly promoted partner Karla Sanchez in Chicago. Bryan O’Keefe strengthened the Washington DC office after joining from Kirkland & Ellis LLP in February 2019. Joseph Damato is also recommended in the same office.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious