Russell Swapp > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > Boston, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
TWO SEAPORT LANE
BOSTON, MA 02210-2028
- Go to...
Russell Swapp is a Partner in Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Boston office. He is the former Managing Partner of Seyfarth’ s Boston office and currently serves as Co-Chair of the firm’s global Business Immigration Group.
Russell has been on a Lean journey for the past three decades—well before it was in vogue to apply Lean principles and methodologies to law firm service delivery. Russell moved his team to Seyfarth in 2002 as he viewed Seyfarth as a firm that embraced attorneys who we looking for new ways to engage with their clients. Since the day he arrived at Seyfarth, Russell has evangelized the firm’s pioneering application of Lean Six Sigma in legal service delivery, and has been a leading voice in the development of Seyfarth’s award-winning client service model. Russell advises his clients—which range from small, venture-backed technology start-ups to many of the largest academic institutions, multinational corporations, and medical and financial institutions in the world —as they navigate the challenges of moving their talent around the globe.
Russell currently serves on the Immigration Subcommittee of the US Chamber of Commerce. He is the former chair of the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Committee on Immigration, and the US Department of Labor Liaison Chair for the American Immigration Lawyers Association. He is also a member of NAFSA: Association of International Educators, and is a frequent lecturer at professional association conferences and colleges and universities throughout New England.
Immigration Subcommittee of the US Chamber of Commerce
NAFSA: Association of International Educators
US Department of Labor Liaison Chair for the American Immigration Lawyers Association
JD, University of New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce School of Law
BA, Bates College
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Seyfarth Shaw LLP has an ‘exceptional’ immigration practice and continues to be a market leader in business immigration matters for corporates and blue-chip companies. The group has an integrated department spanning employment law and litigation, handling several investigations before federal agencies. Fielding a team of experts across six locations and jointly managed by senior partners Russell Swapp in Boston and Atlanta-based James King; the core group comprises Leon Rodriguez who is singled out for immigration regulatory and policy advice, having been the former director of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services until 2017. Also in Washington DC is counsel Dawn Lurie who is noted for EB-5 investment work. Dyann DelVecchio Hilbern in Boston advises corporations, non-profit organizations, and education institutions on F-1 visas, permanent residence, and other US visa work. Sharon Cook and Gabriel Mozes in Atlanta are key members of the team specializing in foreign talent retention and visa issues, respectively. Over in the West Coast, Angelo Paparelli remains a pre-eminent practitioner, handling government investigations.
- Immigration - United States > Labor and employment
- Leading lawyers - United States > Labor and employment > Immigration
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Cannabis
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: consumer products (including tobacco)
- Real estate > Real estate finance
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious