Ms Camille Olson > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
233 SOUTH WACKER DRIVE
CHICAGO, IL 60606 - 6448
- Go to...
Ms Camille Olson
Labor and Employment Department; Complex Discrimination Litigation Practice Group; Chicago and Los Angeles offices.
Camille Olson is a partner at Seyfarth Shaw LLP and Chair of its National Complex Discrimination Litigation Practice Group.
Camille’s practice focuses on the representation of national companies in challenges to employment and operational practices, internal investigations of highly sensitive matters, and high-consequence litigation through trial and appellate phases. She frequently testifies before federal agencies and Congress on pending employment legislation.
ABA; IBA; SHRM; US Chamber of Commerce, Chair, Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Subcommittee; AELC; Inland Press Association, Board Member; California and Illinois State Bars.
JD, University of Michigan (1983); BA, University of Michigan.
United States > Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense(Hall of Fame)
The L&E disputes team at Seyfarth Shaw LLP fields an impressive number of experienced practitioners. It is regularly engaged by nation-wide companies from a variety of industries to represent them in class and collective actions and the group is noted for its involvement in pay equity and BIPA litigation proceedings. Chicago’s Camille Olson is a well-tried litigator with particular experience in discrimination and harassment matters. Practice head Laura Maechtlen, based in San Francisco, has a similar focus. Gerald Maatman, also in Chicago, has long-standing experience in various class actions. Nancy Rafuse, who joined alongside Stan Hill from Polsinelli PC in August 2018, is a key contact in Atlanta for race and gender discrimination claims. New York’s Gina Merrill is noted for her expertise in wage-and-hour matters, among others. Other highlighted practitioners are Lisa Damon in Boston, Lorie Almon in New York, and the recently promoted Coby Turner in Sacramento as well as Brian Stolzenbach and Ellen McLaughlin in Chicago.
- Hall of Fame - United States > Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Leading lawyers - United States > Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious