Kyllan Kershaw > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
233 SOUTH WACKER DRIVE
CHICAGO, IL 60606 - 6448
- Go to...
Labor & Employment Department; Labor Management Relations Practice Group
Ms. Kershaw focuses her practice primarily on representing management in labor relations matters arising under the National Labor Relations Act, addressing positive employment and union-related issues such as:
-Proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board
-Preventive labor and employee relations practices
Ms. Kershaw has particular experience conducting union vulnerability assessments and preparing employers for election campaigns on a fast-track timeline. She also represents employers in collective-bargaining negotiations and routinely counsels clients on a variety of employee-relations issues, including providing training to management and tailoring employment policies to comply with federal labor laws while still furthering legitimate business interests. Additionally, Ms. Kershaw provides advice to employers on labor and employment issues associated with business restructuring and represents airline-industry employers governed by the Railway Labor Act.
In her employment practice, Ms. Kershaw also represents management in litigation, defending clients against claims of employment discrimination, harassment, violations of wage and hour laws, and other employment litigation.
Ms. Kershaw is heavily involved with the Georgia Association for Women Lawyers, having served in a variety of roles including Co-Chair, Board of Directors, Grants Committee; Coach, Girl Scout Project Mock Trial; and on the Scholarships Committee. She also serves on the Host Committee for the annual fundraiser benefiting the Marcus Autism Center and serves on the Board of Directors of the Atlanta Humane Society.
J.D., University of Georgia School of Law, cum laude (2009), Sonya Yarbrough Gee Memorial Scholarship; B.A., University of Georgia, magna cum laude (2006)
Seyfarth Shaw LLP‘s team is praised for providing ‘sound advice and excellent representation‘. It assists clients from a variety of sectors, such as healthcare, sports, hospitality and transportation, among others, in traditional labor matters. Bradford Livingston, who is based in Chicago, is the head of the practice group and has noteworthy expertise in collective bargaining negotiations. Further key contacts in this office are Kenneth Dolin and Brian Stolzenbach, while Arthur Telegen is the name to note in Boston. Atlanta’s Stuart Newman is a diversified labor lawyer with experience in disputes, collective bargaining and strike situations. Joe Damato in Washington DC ‘resolves issue efficiently and effectively‘. The New York office fields experts such as counsel Marshall Babson and Glenn Smith. Kyllan Kershaw in Atlanta and Howard Wexler in New York made partner in January 2018. Karla Sanchez is an associate to watch in Chicago.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious