Ms Suzanne Saxman > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > Chicago, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
233 SOUTH WACKER DRIVE
CHICAGO, IL 60606 - 6448
- Go to...
Ms Suzanne Saxman
- Antitrust & Competition
- Corporate Counseling & Governance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Financial Products & Technology
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- Blockchain Technologies
- Post-Pandemic Recovery & Renewal
- Health Care, Life Sciences & Pharmaceuticals
- Technology, Mobility & Connectivity
Partner and Chair of Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group
For more than three decades as a corporate lawyer, Suzie has counseled clients—from entrepreneurs and startups to large, privately held companies across multiple industries—through every phase of growth, during times of economic prosperity and economic downturn.
She prides herself on handling matters “in scale” with an eye toward practical advice that advances company objectives. Suzie works with clients in two capacities: executing deals and functioning as outside general counsel, often at the same time. Her clients benefit from this continuity of service and the institutional knowledge she develops by their side. She knows what it’s like to run the business and stays in the trenches with the client after the deal is closed.
Suzie brings substantial legal know-how, a high-volume track record of transactions, and a commitment to speak the language of her clients in every deal. She analyzes complex, confidential, and strategic opportunities to address the legal issues presented. Suzie then translates the opportunity into a quick and responsive action plan that provides a road map for growth. She takes a holistic approach, working across the client organization and bringing in financial, diligence, and client counsel to assemble the deal “dream team.”
As chair of the M&A practice group, Suzie drives the growth and professional development agenda for more than 60 attorneys at all levels. She has been an avid consumer of M&A trends for the last decade, making it her mission to bring this knowledge back to the team. Suzie also drives technology adoption for her team, including use of new artificial intelligence tools for client service and the creation of a unique budgeting app used to predict legal fees for transactions. In all things, Suzie sets a model for performance and client service with a goal of supporting and leading a world-class team. This work has made her more well-rounded and better equipped to serve her clients.
Suzie loves working at Seyfarth because it offers something new and different every day, whether it’s the opportunity to help her clients meet their goals, or to collaborate with her colleagues and firm leadership to grow the firm.
- JD, University of Illinois College of Law
University of Illinois Law Review, topics editor
- BA, University of Michigan
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
‘Highly responsive, knowledgeable, thorough and nimble’, Seyfarth Shaw LLP has recognized expertise in middle-market M&A. The firm has a strong nationwide footprint, but is also well placed to handle cross-border transactions working in conjunction with its global network spread throughout the UK, Europe and Asia. A full-service firm by nature, the corporate lawyers are routinely acting alongside their colleagues in the healthcare, fintech, labor and employment, antitrust, privacy and security, and litigation departments. Areas of focus include strategic investment, post-merger integration and regulatory matters. Multinational corporates and private investors, including venture capital firms, make up the bulk of the client base. Key figures in the team include Suzanne Saxman in Chicago, who has been leading corporate matters for clients in the chemicals, consumer products and healthcare sectors; and New York-based Andrew Lucano, an experienced partner in the team who has broad-base expertise in corporate and securities transactions. Also of note, the team welcomed a number of new arrivals over the past year, including that of Paul Kruger in New York, who joined from Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP.
- Hall of Fame - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Leading lawyers - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m) - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious