Mr Jesse Coleman > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > Houston, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
700 LOUISIANA STREET, SUITE 3700
HOUSTON, TX 77002-2797
- Go to...
Mr Jesse Coleman
Commercial Litigation; Health Law
Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP; Co-Chair of the firm’s interdisciplinary Health Law Group
Jesse Coleman is a partner in the Litigation Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. His practice encompasses various types of civil litigation facing the health care industry, energy industry, and related industries. In the health care industry, he has represented hospital systems, medical device companies, staffing agencies, managed care organizations, insurance companies, and physician practices in matters involving contract disputes, peer review and credentialing proceedings, Medicaid bid protests, antitrust claims, defamation claims, EMTALA claims, ERISA claims, professional liability claims, and regulatory matters before state and federal agencies.
Mr. Coleman has also represented and counseled health care, hospitality, and energy-sector clients in numerous trade secret and non-compete disputes. Mr. Coleman has developed a specialized practice in prosecuting and responding to temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions in this area of law.
Prior to private practice, Mr. Coleman served for one year as a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas Reavley, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in Houston, Texas. Prior to this clerkship, he served for two years as a law clerk to the Honorable Kathleen Cardone, United States District Court for the Western Division of Texas in El Paso. While in law school, Mr. Coleman also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Marian Blank Horn, United States Court of Federal Claims.
Mr. Coleman was selected in 2016, 2017, and 2018 by Super Lawyers as one of its Texas Rising Stars in Health Care Law, an honor limited to no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in the state. Mr. Coleman has been selected by The Legal 500 United States as a 2016 and 2018 Recommended Attorney in Healthcare.
Mr. Coleman currently serves as co-chair of the firm’s Health Law Practice Group, which U.S. News and World Report ranked as Tier 1 nationally and in Houston in their 2019 Best Lawyers in America.
Houston Bar Association
American Health Lawyers Association
J.D., George Mason University, magna cum laude (2007)
Editor, George Mason Law Review
B.A., Brigham Young University, magna cum laude (2002)
Seyfarth Shaw LLP handles matters such as contract negotiation and disputes, Medicaid bid protests, medical staff credentialing and peer review, HIPAA and antitrust compliance, and privacy and security, and often acts as outside general counsel. Clients have included non-profit and for-profit hospitals and health systems, academic medical and research institutions, behavioral health and home health providers, and independent practice associations. Houston-based Jesse Coleman has extensive experience in civil litigation, and co-chairs the practice with employment-focused Kristin McGurn in Boston and with Cynthia Mitchell in New York, who specializes in real estate transactions on behalf of healthcare clients.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious