Mr William P. Perkins > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
620 8TH AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10018-1405
- Go to...
Mr William P. Perkins
Labor and Employment Department; Employment Litigation and Counseling Practice Group; Labor and Employee Relations Practice Group; OFCCP & Affirmative Action Compliance Practice Group.
Bill Perkins is a partner in Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s New York office where he conducts a nation-wide practice advising clients on a wide variety of employment and labor law matters, including all forms of discrimination and harassment claims, and proactive measures to avoid such claims, reductions-in-force, OWBPA/WARN compliance, wage and hour claims, pay equity issues, contract negotiations, executive employment agreements, affirmative action plan design and OFCCP compliance review defense, executive employment contracts, FMLA/ADA issues, day-to-day advice and counsel, as well as human resources policies.
Prior to joining Seyfarth Shaw, Bill practiced labor and employment law as a partner at two major New York law firms and served as General Attorney at both the National Broadcasting Company, Inc. and Capital Cities/ABC, Inc. with responsibility for labor and employment law matters.
Bill has maintained a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review rating of “A/V Preeminent” since 2000. He has been listed by Legal 500 since 2009 and recognized as a Leading Lawyer by Legal 500 since 2013. He was inducted into the Legal 500 Hall of Fame in 2017. He has been endorsed by the Labour and Employee Benefits, Leading Lawyers Worldwide Handbook and recognized as a New York Area Top Rated Lawyer by ALM since 2012. Bill has been listed as a Super Lawyer since 2014 and named one of the Top 100 Nation’s Most Powerful Employment Attorneys since 2015 by Human Resource Executive and Lawdragon. He is admitted in the federal and state courts of New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, and New Hampshire.
JD, Western New England University School of Law (1980), cum laude; BS, Marietta College (1967).
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Seyfarth Shaw LLP‘s team has an impressive range of multinational companies from various industries on its client roster and regularly advises them on organizational change as well as on the design and implementation of compliance systems and processes by developing technology tools in order to avoid litigation. Particular areas of expertise include pay equity matters, in which practice head David Baffa, Annette Tyman and Christine Hendrickson in Chicago are noted, and workplace discrimination and harassment matters, for which New York’s William Perkins is a key contact. In the Boston office, Lisa Damon‘s assistance with policy implementations is instrumental to clients to avoid lawsuits. In Chicago, Ellen McLaughlin has extensive experience in conducting sensitive internal investigations, while Tracy Billows is well versed in leave and accommodations related rights. Counsel Lawrence Lorber, based in Washington DC, is experienced in corporate reorganizations. In the same office, Karla Grossenbacher is also noted. Associate Joshua Seidman in New York is a specialist in paid sick leave laws.
- Hall of Fame - United States > Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Leading lawyers - United States > Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Workplace and employment counseling - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious