Ms Alison Ashford > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
620 8TH AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10018-1405
- Go to...
Ms Alison Ashford
Construction; Public-Private Partnerships; Energy Infrastructure and Project Development
Alison Ashford is a partner in the New York office of Seyfarth Shaw and is co-chair of the firm’s national construction practice.
Ms. Ashford has acted for the full spectrum of stakeholders in large scale public and private infrastructure, and energy, resources and mining projects in the United States and around the world.
She has solid experience in the representation of clients involved in the procurement of public projects, including via public-private partnership, in the sectors of economic infrastructure (rail, aviation, transportation, waste water and desalination projects) and social infrastructure (education, housing and health projects). Key recent achievements include the representation of the design-build joint venture member of the private consortium selected to redevelop the LaGuardia Airport Central Terminal Building in New York and the representation of the design-build joint venture member of the private consortium appointed to develop the James A. Farley Building in New York into the new Moynihan Station.
Ms. Ashford also regularly represents developers (including REITs and joint ventures) and contractors in the drafting and negotiation of project agreements for private commercial, retail, high-rise residential and industrial buildings and facilities. An important recent achievement includes the representation of a large United States-based REIT in the drafting and negotiation of project agreements for the redevelopment of hotel and lodging properties located across the United States and around the globe.
Ms. Ashford represents developers and large contractors within the energy, resources and mining sectors, including on iron ore, gas, methanol, fertilizer, civil and earthworks, manufacturing and pipeline projects. Ms. Ashford also advises investors and developers on renewable energy projects in the United States. A key recent engagement includes representation of the engineering, procurement and construction contractor in the development of the largest fertilizer plant in the United States.
Ms. Ashford is a regular speaker at industry conferences and events in the field of private and public project procurement and has prepared numerous papers and presentations for domestic and international industry publications.
American Bar Association; New York State Bar Association; Women’s Infrastructure Network; Northeast Women in Public Finance; Professional Women in Construction; American Australian Association
Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne (2000); Bachelor of Commerce, University of Melbourne (2000)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Recognized by clients for its ‘exceptional judgment‘, Seyfarth Shaw LLP fields a sizeable team with a strong presence across the US, acting for a variety of stakeholders in large and complex projects. A key contact in New York is practice co-chair Alison Ashford, who has has expertise in structuring and negotiating development projects ranging from airports and rail stations to high-rise residential housing. Joint practice head Michael McKeeman in San Francisco focuses on dispute resolution for owners, prime contractors, and subcontractors, in relation to both private and public construction projects. Also on the contentious side, Washington DC-based David Blake is rated by clients as ‘an excellent communicator, thoughtful and an avid problem solver‘. Another name to note in DC is Bennett Greenberg, who has vast experience negotiating and drafting contracts for some of the most complex projects in the US market.
- Construction (including construction litigation) - United States > Real estate
- Leading lawyers - United States > Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Cannabis
- Real estate > Real estate finance
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious