Ms Alison Ashford > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
620 8TH AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10018-1405
- Go to...
Ms Alison Ashford
Construction; Public-Private Partnerships; Energy Infrastructure and Project Development
Alison Ashford is a partner in the New York office of Seyfarth Shaw and is co-chair of the firm’s national construction practice.
Ms. Ashford has acted for the full spectrum of stakeholders in large scale public and private infrastructure, and energy, resources and mining projects in the United States and around the world.
She has solid experience in the representation of clients involved in the procurement of public projects, including via public-private partnership, in the sectors of economic infrastructure (rail, aviation, transportation, waste water and desalination projects) and social infrastructure (education, housing and health projects). Key recent achievements include the representation of the design-build joint venture member of the private consortium selected to redevelop the LaGuardia Airport Central Terminal Building in New York and the representation of the design-build joint venture member of the private consortium appointed to develop the James A. Farley Building in New York into the new Moynihan Station.
Ms. Ashford also regularly represents developers (including REITs and joint ventures) and contractors in the drafting and negotiation of project agreements for private commercial, retail, high-rise residential and industrial buildings and facilities. An important recent achievement includes the representation of a large United States-based REIT in the drafting and negotiation of project agreements for the redevelopment of hotel and lodging properties located across the United States and around the globe.
Ms. Ashford represents developers and large contractors within the energy, resources and mining sectors, including on iron ore, gas, methanol, fertilizer, civil and earthworks, manufacturing and pipeline projects. Ms. Ashford also advises investors and developers on renewable energy projects in the United States. A key recent engagement includes representation of the engineering, procurement and construction contractor in the development of the largest fertilizer plant in the United States.
Ms. Ashford is a regular speaker at industry conferences and events in the field of private and public project procurement and has prepared numerous papers and presentations for domestic and international industry publications.
American Bar Association; New York State Bar Association; Women’s Infrastructure Network; Northeast Women in Public Finance; Professional Women in Construction; American Australian Association
Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne (2000); Bachelor of Commerce, University of Melbourne (2000)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
At Seyfarth Shaw LLP, the construction practice is ‘very knowledgeable and efficient with their inputs‘, being ‘a pleasure to work with and learn from‘ at every turn. San Francisco-based Michael McKeeman and New York-based Alison Ashford co-chair the national practice group, which represents clients on developments for entertainment venues, industrial facilities and social or economic infrastructure. The team has particular strength drafting multi-billion-dollar contracts; Washington DC-based David Blake is negotiating PGP Development LLC’s design and service agreements for its £1.5bn Capitol Crossing Project, an unprecedented engineering feat which includes decking over a portion of Interstate 395. Also in Washington DC, Charles Wall acts as special counsel to the Hampton Roads Transport Accountability Commission and was heavily involved in the agreements over a $3.86bn expansion of the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel. Bennett Greenberg works on some of the largest P3 and most complex US projects currently under construction and he is handling all matters related to the development of a new $4.5bn San Francisco transit terminal alongside McKeeman.
- Construction (including construction litigation) - United States > Real estate
- Next Generation Partners - United States > Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious