Joshua Seidman > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
620 8TH AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10018-1405
- Go to...
Labor & Employment; Workplace Policies and Handbooks; Employment Litigation; Workplace Counseling & Solutions; New Jersey Practice Group; Retail.
Joshua D. Seidman is an associate based in Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s New York office and is a member of the firm’s Labor and Employment department. Mr. Seidman represents employers in both single plaintiff and class action litigation, particularly defending management against discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims under federal, state, and city anti-discrimination laws, and wage and hour claims under federal and state laws. He also has experience with employment litigation before New York State administrative agencies, and disputes involving collective bargaining and grievance arbitration.
Mr. Seidman regularly provides advice and counseling to clients on compliance with federal, state, and local paid sick and family leave laws. He assists clients of varying sizes and operational scope develop, update, and implement internal paid time off policies, including paid sick leave, vacation and personal policies, as well as paid parental and family leave policies. He also has experience representing companies during state and municipal paid sick leave investigations. Mr. Seidman frequently counsels clients on developing human resources policies, day-to-day operations, and complying with federal, state and local employment law.
Mr. Seidman initially joined the firm as part of the Labor & Employment Department’s Summer Fellowship program, an innovative training-focused program for law students with an affinity for labor and employment law. While in law school, Mr. Seidman also served as a legal intern for the Honorable Joseph Bianco, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of New York. Additionally, Mr. Seidman is a registered patent attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Prior to law school, Mr. Seidman earned a Bachelor of Science degree in physics and journalism from Stony Brook University and spent time working for both a national laboratory and major regional newspaper.
Associate, Seyfarth Shaw LLP.
J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, cum laude (2013); B.S., Stony Brook University, cum laude (2010).
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Seyfarth Shaw LLP‘s team has an impressive range of multinational companies from various industries on its client roster and regularly advises them on organizational change as well as on the design and implementation of compliance systems and processes by developing technology tools in order to avoid litigation. Particular areas of expertise include pay equity matters, in which practice head David Baffa, Annette Tyman and Christine Hendrickson in Chicago are noted, and workplace discrimination and harassment matters, for which New York’s William Perkins is a key contact. In the Boston office, Lisa Damon‘s assistance with policy implementations is instrumental to clients to avoid lawsuits. In Chicago, Ellen McLaughlin has extensive experience in conducting sensitive internal investigations, while Tracy Billows is well versed in leave and accommodations related rights. Counsel Lawrence Lorber, based in Washington DC, is experienced in corporate reorganizations. In the same office, Karla Grossenbacher is also noted. Associate Joshua Seidman in New York is a specialist in paid sick leave laws.
- Rising stars - United States > Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Workplace and employment counseling - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious