Ms Lorie Almon > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
620 8TH AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10018-1405
- Go to...
Ms Lorie Almon
Labor and Employment Department; Wage & Hour Litigation Practice Group; Complex Discrimination Litigation Practice Group.
Lorie Almon is Co-Managing Partner of the New York office and a member of the National Labor & Employment Department’s Leadership Team. Her practice is focused on employment litigation, with an emphasis on complex litigation, collective and/or class proceedings. She specializes in high-stakes employment litigation, regularly defending Fortune 500 companies and executives in high-stakes legal proceedings. Her considerable trial experience includes jury and bench trials before federal courts, state courts and arbitration panels.
Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP (1998-present); Co-Managing Partner, NY Office; Labor & Employment Department Leadership Team; Co-Chair, Wage & Hour Litigation Practice Group; Executive and Compensation Committee Member; Assistant Corporation Counsel, New York City Law Department (1994-1998); New York City’s Legal Rookie of the Year (1995).
Member, National Board of Directors, Jumpstart; Member, American Bar Association, Labor & Employment and Litigation Sections.
JD, University of Virginia School of Law (1994), Robert F. Kennedy Award; BA, University of Vermont (1991).
United States > Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
The L&E disputes team at Seyfarth Shaw LLP fields an impressive number of experienced practitioners. It is regularly engaged by nation-wide companies from a variety of industries to represent them in class and collective actions and the group is noted for its involvement in pay equity and BIPA litigation proceedings. Chicago’s Camille Olson is a well-tried litigator with particular experience in discrimination and harassment matters. Practice head Laura Maechtlen, based in San Francisco, has a similar focus. Gerald Maatman, also in Chicago, has long-standing experience in various class actions. Nancy Rafuse, who joined alongside Stan Hill from Polsinelli PC in August 2018, is a key contact in Atlanta for race and gender discrimination claims. New York’s Gina Merrill is noted for her expertise in wage-and-hour matters, among others. Other highlighted practitioners are Lisa Damon in Boston, Lorie Almon in New York, and the recently promoted Coby Turner in Sacramento as well as Brian Stolzenbach and Ellen McLaughlin in Chicago.
- Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious