Mr Bennett Greenberg > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
975 F STREET, NW
WASHINGTON DC 20004
- Go to...
Mr Bennett Greenberg
Mr. Greenberg is a partner at Seyfarth Shaw LLP in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. He is a member of the firm’s national construction practice and concentrates his practice in design and construction law. His work includes negotiating and drafting contracts setting forth the rights and responsibilities of the various parties to complex construction projects. He also counsels clients on procurement-related issues, contract administration, risk management, and dispute avoidance, and has extensive experience preparing claim documentation in support of equitable adjustments to contracts. Mr. Greenberg has successfully mediated, litigated, and arbitrated large complex, multi-party construction disputes. Mr. Greenberg represents public and private sector owners, contractors, and design professionals in the design-build process. He has advised and educated clients on alternative project delivery systems, prepared and responded to request for proposals, drafted and negotiated design-build contracts structuring the relationships between the design-build participants, and has counseled clients on administering design-build contracts.
Mr. Greenberg has served as an arbitrator in numerous AAA cases, and is extremely active in the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA). Mr. Greenberg is Special Legal Advisor to DBIA’s Board of Directors. Mr. Greenberg took the lead in drafting DBIA’s new model contracts documents, and was the recipient of the 1998 DBIA Leadership Award for his work on the new model form documents. Mr. Greenberg has authored numerous construction law articles and lectures throughout the country on construction law topics.
Design-Build Institute of America
– J.D., Georgetown University Law Center (1981) – B.A., State University of New York at Buffalo, summa cum laude Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
At Seyfarth Shaw LLP, the construction practice is ‘very knowledgeable and efficient with their inputs‘, being ‘a pleasure to work with and learn from‘ at every turn. San Francisco-based Michael McKeeman and New York-based Alison Ashford co-chair the national practice group, which represents clients on developments for entertainment venues, industrial facilities and social or economic infrastructure. The team has particular strength drafting multi-billion-dollar contracts; Washington DC-based David Blake is negotiating PGP Development LLC’s design and service agreements for its £1.5bn Capitol Crossing Project, an unprecedented engineering feat which includes decking over a portion of Interstate 395. Also in Washington DC, Charles Wall acts as special counsel to the Hampton Roads Transport Accountability Commission and was heavily involved in the agreements over a $3.86bn expansion of the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel. Bennett Greenberg works on some of the largest P3 and most complex US projects currently under construction and he is handling all matters related to the development of a new $4.5bn San Francisco transit terminal alongside McKeeman.
- Construction (including construction litigation) - United States > Real estate
- Hall of Fame - United States > Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Leading lawyers - United States > Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious