Mr Lawrence Lorber > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
975 F STREET, NW
WASHINGTON DC 20004
- Go to...
Mr Lawrence Lorber
Labor and Employment Department; Complex Discrimination Litigation Practice Group, Wage & Hour Litigation Practice Group, Employment Law Counseling, and Government Relations.
As Senior Counsel at Seyfarth Shaw, Mr. Lorber’s practice focuses on employment counseling and regulatory enforcement representation. He regularly advises and represents employers in regulatory and government enforcement, executive contracts, terminations and benefit issues. He is often called upon to testify at Congressional and regulatory hearings.
Member, D.C. and New York Bar Associations; Former Executive Assistant Solicitor of Labor, Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Labor, Former Director, OFCCP; Board of Directors, Office of Congressional Compliance; Chair, U.S. Chamber of Commerce EEO Committee. Special Counsel U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Business Roundtable.
JD, University of Maryland School of Law (1970); BA, Brooklyn College of the City University of New York (1967).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Seyfarth Shaw LLP‘s team has an impressive range of multinational companies from various industries on its client roster and regularly advises them on organizational change as well as on the design and implementation of compliance systems and processes by developing technology tools in order to avoid litigation. Particular areas of expertise include pay equity matters, in which practice head David Baffa, Annette Tyman and Christine Hendrickson in Chicago are noted, and workplace discrimination and harassment matters, for which New York’s William Perkins is a key contact. In the Boston office, Lisa Damon‘s assistance with policy implementations is instrumental to clients to avoid lawsuits. In Chicago, Ellen McLaughlin has extensive experience in conducting sensitive internal investigations, while Tracy Billows is well versed in leave and accommodations related rights. Counsel Lawrence Lorber, based in Washington DC, is experienced in corporate reorganizations. In the same office, Karla Grossenbacher is also noted. Associate Joshua Seidman in New York is a specialist in paid sick leave laws.
- Leading lawyers - United States > Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Workplace and employment counseling - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious