Mr Michael Gilligan > Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Mr Michael Gilligan
Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity
Michael E. Gilligan focuses his practice on public and private merger and acquisition transactions. Mike has represented large corporations, financial sponsors and financial advisers in connection with a variety of public and private, domestic and cross-border, negotiated and hostile acquisitions and dispositions. He has extensive experience in proxy and other control contests, as well as spin-off and capital markets transactions. He has represented GCP Capital Partners in connection with the pending sale of TransFast Remittance LLC to MasterCard, Pamplona Capital Partners IV LP in connection with the sales of BBB Industries and Charter NEX Films, GE Capital Corporation in the $9-billion disposition of its Healthcare Financial Services business to Capital One N.A. and CNA Financial in the disposition of its payout annuities business to Wilton Re.
Chambers USA and The Legal 500 United States have recognized Mike as a leading lawyer in the areas of M&A and corporate law. According to Chambers, Mike “is a ‘very smart guy’ who is well thought-of by peers for his broad-based M&A practice, including acting for private equity clients and financial advisers.”
New York City Bar Association.
Fordham University School of Law, JD, magna cum laude; Johns Hopkins University, BS.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism