Mr Peter Jonathan Halasz > Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Mr Peter Jonathan Halasz
Mergers & Acquisitions, Hedge Funds, Investment Management, Private Equity, Securities & Capital Markets, Antitrust
Peter Jonathan Halasz is educated in both law and business, and his practice includes mergers & acquisitions, securities, private equity, international business and investment funds. In the area of private equity M&A, he has represented clients in auctions and sales, restructurings and leveraged capitalizations, mergers, unsolicited tender offers, privatizations, international joint ventures, special-committee representations and venture capital investments. In the finance area, Peter has represented issuers and underwriters in public offerings of equity and debt, commercial paper and euro medium-term note programs, Rule 144A offerings, and the organizations and offerings of alternative investment fund products.
The United States Lawyer Rankings – 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 editions ranked Peter as one of the Top 10 lawyers in the nation in the area of International Trade and Finance. After graduating magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Harvard College in 1980, Peter was admitted to a dual-degree program offered jointly by Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School and, in 1984, was awarded a J.D., cum laude, and an M.B.A.
New York City Bar Association, Corporation Law Committee; American Bar Association Chairman, American Friends of Sheba Medical Center — Tel Hashomer, Inc.
Harvard Law School, JD, cum laude; Harvard Business School, MBA.; Harvard University, AB, magna cum laude.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism