Mr Edward Sadtler > Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Mr Edward Sadtler
Intellectual Property. Sourcing & Technology, Cybersecurity & Data Privacy
Edward H. Sadtler is head of the Intellectual Property, Sourcing & Technology Group. He represents clients in a wide variety of transactions and other matters involving intellectual property and technology. Edward also advises clients on data security and privacy matters. Working closely with cross-practice teams, Edward has advised on the intellectual property, technology, privacy and data security aspects of mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, carve-outs, financings, securitizations, public offerings and restructurings. Specifically, he has counseled clients in negotiating licenses, intellectual property transfers, IT service agreements, joint ventures and strategic alliances, consulting and publicity rights contracts, and manufacturing, distribution and supply arrangements, as well is in trademark prosecution matters. His experience covers many industries, including financial services, health care, software, cybersecurity, apparel and accessories, travel, hospitality, media, entertainment, energy, logistics and communications.
Edward is recognized by The Legal 500 as a leading lawyer in the category of Media, Technology and Telecoms: Technology: Transactions. He received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law and his B.A., cum laude, with departmental honors, from Columbia University.
University of Virginia School of Law, JD; Columbia University, BA, cum laude with departmental honors.
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP is a standout player in the private equity and investment management space, and in this area, it is known as a go-to advisor both for private investment funds and their portfolio companies. Among its recent highlights, the team advised Veritas Capital on its $5.7bn take-private acquisition of athenahealth, showcasing its ability to handle large multibillion-dollar transactions, in addition to high-volume middle-market work. The Veritas work was led by Richard Presutti, who chairs the investment management M&A practice, and also jointly leads the M&A and securities group alongside Stuart Freedman, who specializes in cross-border private equity and securities deals. As for new additions to the team, Edward Sadtler joined from Kirkland & Ellis LLP, and Daniel Eisner joined from DLA Piper LLP (US), having previously headed the firm’s private equity practice. All named attorneys based in New York.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism