Mr Daniel Oshinsky > Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Mr Daniel Oshinsky
Finance, Distressed Investing, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Securities & Capital Markets
Daniel V. Oshinsky represents hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, specialty finance companies and investment banks in a wide range of financing transactions. Dan has particular expertise in liquidity facilities and structured credits, including CLOs, CBOs, warehouse lines, leveraged finance vehicles, capital call facilities and fund-of-fund loans. Dan’s practice also encompasses a variety of other secured and unsecured finance transactions, both on the borrower and lender side, including cash-flow and asset-based loans, acquisition financing, Term B loans, unitranche loans, mezzanine and subordinate loans, distressed debt investments, workout and restructuring transactions, debtor-in-possession and exit financings, cross-border transactions and other complex credit arrangements
Dan has been recognized as a leader in his field by The Legal 500 US and New York Super Lawyers. He received his B.A., magna cum laude, from Yeshiva University in 1991 and his J.D. from New York University School of Law, where he was associate editor of the Review of Law and Social Change, in 1995.
New York University School of Law, JD (Associate Editor, Review of Law and Social Change); Yeshiva University, BA, magna cum laude.
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP handles securitization matters across a range of asset classes. In particular, the team is known for its work in the CLO market, and is also recognized for its expertise in securitizations of less-typical assets. The practice is jointly led by Craig Stein, a well-known name among CLO managers, and Boris Ziser, who has experience of securitizations of consumer debt, litigation funding, wine, art and more. Daniel Oshinsky handles a mixture of financing work, including leveraged finance and structured credit; in the CLO space he acts for a number of leading asset managers. Phillip Azzollini is also recommended for CLO work.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism