Ms Taleah Jennings > Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Ms Taleah Jennings
Litigation, Complex Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Litigation, Securities Enforcement
Taleah E. Jennings has served as lead counsel on various complex commercial litigation matters, with a primary focus on fiduciary-related issues, including matters raised in trust and estates litigation, shareholder disputes and litigations involving employment-related matters. Her clients include fiduciaries of large trusts and estates and other financial services entities, such as investment managers, private equity firms, interdealer brokerage firms, multiemployer pension funds and commercial real estate firms. Taleah has litigated cases in various state and federal courts, as well as regulatory and arbitration forums, from the commencement of claims through trials and appeals.
Taleah has been recognized as a leading lawyer by The Legal 500 US, Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys and by New York Super Lawyers. She received the Burton Award for Distinguished Legal Writing for the New York Law Journal article “Options When a Competitor Raids the Company,” was honored with the Excellence in Pro Bono Advocacy Award by Sanctuary for Families and was named among Savoy magazine’s Most Influential Black Lawyers.
Advisory Board, LIFT; Board of Directors, Sanctuary for Families; Board of Directors, NYC Bar Association Trusts, Estates & Surrogates Courts Committee.
Rutgers Law School, JD; University of Maryland, BS.
From its offices in New York and Washington DC, Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP excels in litigation related to investment management. It also has expertise in broker-dealer disputes, shareholder activism and proxy contests. In a highlight matter, co-chair Michael Swartz recently won a series of victories for hedge fund venBio Select Advisor and is continuing to advise the company relating to its proxy contest at Immunomedics. Elsewhere, William Gussman is representing TPG Specialty Lending in securing repayment of credit from IHeartMedia, after the latter went into bankruptcy. Other key lawyers to note are co-chair of litigation group Peter White (in DC); Taleah Jennings, who focuses on fiduciary-related issues; Gary Stein, who has deep experience at appellate level; and Robert Ward, who specializes in commercial and securities litigation.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism