Mr Richard Presutti > Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Mr Richard Presutti
Mergers & Acquisitions, Distressed Investing, Energy, Financial Institutions, Private Equity
Richard A. Presutti is co-chair of the M&A and Securities Group, chair of the investment management M&A practice and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Rick practices primarily in the areas of private equity, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and alternative asset management transactional matters. He regularly represents a number of private equity clients, including Marlin Equity Partners, Cerberus Capital Management, Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, Black Diamond Capital Management and Veritas Capital.
Rick was named the North America Lawyer of the Year by Global M&A Network in recognition of his transactional expertise and commitment to client service, as well as for advising on the award-winning transaction — Cerberus Capital Management LP and its portfolio company North American Bus Industries Inc. (NABI) in NABI’s sale to New Flyer Industries Inc. He also represented Marlin Equity Partners in its sale of Capario to Emdeon Inc., which won “Deal of the Year – Healthcare” at the ACG New York Champion’s Awards; Chrysler Financial in its sale to TD Bank, a transaction named ACG Cross Border Deal of the Year; and Chrysler in its sale to the Fiat-led group, a transaction that received the M&A Atlas Deal of the Year award. Recognized by The Legal 500 US as a leading M&A lawyer, Rick is also among Global M&A Network’s elite group of the top 50 most influential North America M&A Lawyers.
Tulane University Law School, JD, cum laude; Bentley University, BS
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP is a standout player in the private equity and investment management space, and in this area, it is known as a go-to advisor both for private investment funds and their portfolio companies. Among its recent highlights, the team advised Veritas Capital on its $5.7bn take-private acquisition of athenahealth, showcasing its ability to handle large multibillion-dollar transactions, in addition to high-volume middle-market work. The Veritas work was led by Richard Presutti, who chairs the investment management M&A practice, and also jointly leads the M&A and securities group alongside Stuart Freedman, who specializes in cross-border private equity and securities deals. As for new additions to the team, Edward Sadtler joined from Kirkland & Ellis LLP, and Daniel Eisner joined from DLA Piper LLP (US), having previously headed the firm’s private equity practice. All named attorneys based in New York.
- Leading lawyers - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m) - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism