Mr Shlomo Twerski > Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Mr Shlomo Twerski
Tax, Blockchain Technology & Digital Assets, Hedge Funds, Investment Management, Real Estate Capital Markets & REITs, Regulated Funds
Shlomo C. Twerski, co-head of the firm’s Tax Group, focuses his practice on the tax aspects of onshore and offshore investment funds, registered investment companies and business development companies, private equity partnerships, real estate and corporate transactions, restructurings and workouts, securitizations, and existing and emerging financial instruments. Shlomo’s most recent representations have addressed hedge fund and management company structures, tax considerations for private investment funds and FATCA.
Shlomo has been recognized as a leader in his field by Chambers USA, The Best Lawyers in America, The Legal 500 US, New York Super Lawyers and the Tax Directors Handbook. He is a member of the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association and regularly speaks at industry conferences and events. In addition, he has published on a range of topics, including FATCA provisions, FIRPTA and REIT rules, and compliance requirements for hedge funds. Most recently, he co-authored Hedge Funds: Formation, Operation and Regulation (ALM Law Journal Press).
New York State Bar Association, Taxation Section.
Hofstra University School of Law, JD (Articles Editor, Hofstra Law Review).
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP fields a highly experienced fund-focused tax team, working with a deep roster of private equity firms, hedge funds, and other asset managers. Securitizations, structured finance transactions, and real estate driven deals are also core workflows for the group. Joint practice heads Alan Waldenberg and Shlomo Twerski are highly experienced in the full gamut of federal and international tax matters, specializing in investment fund transactions and hedge fund and management company structures, respectively. Philippe Benedict ‘s recent engagements include billion-dollar mergers and capital fund raisings, while David Wermuth is noted for his knowledge of onshore and offshore investment funds, and private equity partnerships. All named lawyers are based in New York.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): municipal
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate finance
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism