Mr Paul Watterson > Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Mr Paul Watterson
Structured Finance & Derivatives, Financial Institutions, Securities & Capital Markets, Trading Agreements
Paul N. Watterson, Jr. concentrates on structured product and derivative transactions, the formation and representation of credit funds, and capital markets regulation. Paul is counsel to many participants in the securitization, credit and derivatives markets. He represents underwriters, issuers and managers in structured financings, including collateralized loan obligations (CLOs). He is involved in many structured finance transactions that use credit derivatives, including regulatory capital transactions and repackagings. Schulte is widely acknowledged as having the nation’s premier investment management practice, and Paul advises many private investment funds on their transactions in derivatives and asset-backed securities, portfolio purchases and sales, and formation of risk retention vehicles. He has also been active in the creation of derivative products that reference hedge funds.
Paul is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Chambers Global, Chambers USA, Expert Guide to the Best of the Best USA, Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Banking, Finance and Transactional Law Lawyers, The Legal 500 United States (Hall of Fame), New York Super Lawyers and PLC Which Lawyer? Multi-jurisdictional Guide: Capital Markets: Derivatives. After earning his A.B., cum laude, from Princeton University, Paul was an officer at the Chase Manhattan Bank in New York and London. He received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Harvard Law School where he was an editor of the Harvard Law Review. Paul served as a law clerk to the Honorable Leonard I. Garth, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and then as Assistant to the Mayor of the City of New York.
New York City Bar Association.
Harvard Law School, JD, magna cum laude (Editor, Harvard Law Review); Princeton University, AB, cum laude.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame) (Hall of Fame)
- Hall of Fame - United States > Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Hall of Fame - United States > Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism