Mr Phillip Azzollini > Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Mr Phillip Azzollini
Structured Products & Derivatives, Trading Agreements
Phillip J. Azzollini focuses his practice on private offerings of collateralized loan obligation securities and on warehouse financing transactions, including the representation of issuers, placement agents and portfolio managers. Phil also represents buyers and sellers of financial assets. He has represented public companies, investment advisers and private equity funds in transactions involving many different categories of assets, including mortgage-backed securities.
Phil is listed as a “leading individual” by Chambers Global and Chambers USA in Capital Markets: Structured Products, and was recognized by interviewees as “an excellent lawyer, smart and bright” and commended for his client service skills, keen attention to detail and understanding of accounting in addition to the law. The Legal 500 US notes that Phil is recognized as being “very knowledgeable about the CLO space, in terms of both legal and market knowledge.” He is also listed in the Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Banking, Finance and Transactional Law Lawyers. Phil’s recent publications include co-authoring “CLOs and LIBOR Transition” for The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Securitisation 2020. Prior to joining SRZ, Phil was a certified public accountant with the audit group at Coopers & Lybrand LLP. He received his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Pace University in 1988, and his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law, where he was an editor of the Fordham Law Review, in 1995.
American Bar Association; New York City Bar Association.
Fordham University School of Law, JD (Editor, Fordham Law Review); Pace University, BBA, cum laude.
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP handles securitization matters across a range of asset classes. In particular, the team is known for its work in the CLO market, and is also recognized for its expertise in securitizations of less-typical assets. The practice is jointly led by Craig Stein, a well-known name among CLO managers, and Boris Ziser, who has experience of securitizations of consumer debt, litigation funding, wine, art and more. Daniel Oshinsky handles a mixture of financing work, including leveraged finance and structured credit; in the CLO space he acts for a number of leading asset managers. Phillip Azzollini is also recommended for CLO work.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism