Mr Robert Abrahams > Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP Offices
919 THIRD AVENUE
NEW YORK, NY 10022
- Go to...
Mr Robert Abrahams
Litigation, Complex Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Litigation
Robert M. Abrahams concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation, including securities, real estate, employment, derivative actions, trusts and estates, partnership disputes, defending claims against lawyers and law firms, and director and officer liability matters. Bob’s many significant representations include a major interdealer broker in numerous regulatory investigations, arbitrations and civil litigations, including a five-month jury trial and related FINRA arbitration in which our clients recovered in excess of $140 million; 173 former Dewey LeBoeuf partners in the successful defense of a $200-million claim; one of the largest law firms in the world in a $100-million malpractice suit; and his recent successful defense at trial of a $500-million derivative action. Bob has tried more than 100 civil cases and arbitrations.
Listed in Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys (“National Star” in securities litigation), Best Lawyers in America, The Legal 500 US, New York Super Lawyers, Who’s Who in America and Who’s Who in the World and rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, Bob is a longstanding member of the Trial Practice Committee of the Litigation Section of the American Bar Association, and has served on the Trial Practice and Real Property Sections of the New York State Bar Association. Bob is a New York Bar Foundation Fellow and a member of the Attorney Grievance Committee for the First Judicial Department of the Supreme Court of the State of New York. He recently served as an arbitrator appointed by the International Chamber of Commerce. Bob is the author of the “Commercial Real Estate” chapter of Business and Commercial Litigation in the Federal Courts (Thomson Reuters, 2010-2016) and the “Document Discovery” chapter of Commercial Litigation in New York State Courts (Thomson Reuters and the New York County Lawyers’ Association, 2011-2015). He received his B.A. from Hobart College and his J.D., with distinction, from Hofstra University School of Law, where he was editor-in-chief of the Hofstra Law Review.
Professional: American Bar Association Litigation Section (Trial Practice Committee, 1984-present); New York State Bar Association (Trial Practice Section, Real Property Section). Civic: Village of Thomaston, New York (Chairman, Board of Zoning Appeals, 1982-97).
Hofstra University School of Law, JD, with distinction (Editor-in-Chief, Hofstra Law Review); Hobart College, BA.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Finance > Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Finance > Structured finance: securitization
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > M&A litigation: defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism