Emil Ruppert > Rubio Leguía Normand > Lima, Peru > Lawyer Profile
Rubio Leguía Normand Offices
AVENIDA DOS DE MAYO 1321
- Go to...
Emil is a partner of the Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate and Contractual and Mining Areas, specializing in Corporate Law and Mining Law.
He has significant experience leading and structuring mergers and acquisitions, securities markets, concessions and financing of projects related to the infrastructure and mining sectors.
In the academic field, Emil has been professor of Commercial Law Professor at the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, as well as Corporate Law at the Peruvian University of Applied Sciences. He has also been invited as an exhibitor of various subjects of Mining Law, Corporate Law and Professional Ethics in Peru and abroad. In addition, he is the author of several articles published in journals and specialized publications.
- Lima Bar Association
- International Bar Association (Officer, Mining Law Committee)
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation (Trustee-at-Large 2009-2010)
- International Mining Professionals Society
- Peruvian Institute of Commercial Law
- National Institute of Mining, Oil and Energy Law
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, 1990.
- Georgetown University Law Schoool,Washington DC, 1989.
- Attorney at Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 1988.
Rubio Leguía Normand offers clients a strong mix of regulatory and corporate expertise under the leadership of Xennia Forno, Diego Grisolle and Emil Ruppert. The department advises local and global mining companies on operational issues, permitting, compliance, M&A and the acquisition of assets. It also offers particular expertise in the negotiation, drafting and implementation of joint ventures by mining companies, and in negotiations with the local communities affected by mining operations. Forno is a key name for cross-border investments and regulatory matters; Grisolle deals with environmental, commercial and compliance matters; and Ruppert is recommended for corporate and financing matters. Miguel Angel Soto acts for mining companies, investors, government entities and multilateral organisations in development, corporate and financing issues. Senior associate Nancy Ogata left for an in-house role at AESA.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- Labour and employment
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: Arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- Projects and infrastructure