Pedro A. Morales > Miranda & Amado > Lima, Peru > Lawyer Profile
Miranda & Amado Offices
AV JOSÉ LARCO 1301
TORRE PARQUE MAR
MIRAFLORES, LIMA 18
- Go to...
Pedro A. Morales
- Energy & Natural Resources: Power and Oil & Gas
His practice focus on providing advice in all the segments of the electricity and natural gas markets, including investment opportunities, regulatory issues, tariff matters, administrative procedures, acquisitions of projects and assets, negotiation of contracts, strategy and planning. Also, expertise in dispute resolution related to the energy sector (power and natural gas) and litigation strategies within the energy sector.
He has a strong expertise in energy project development (advising on the financing, construction and operation of power and natural gas facilities) which includes permitting and complex regulatory matters, specially relating to power generations, transmission and distribution systems. The experience provided him important technical skills that permits him to provide the clients an important commercial and technical approach to the energy business.
- Senior Associate at Miranda & Amado Abogados since 2013.
- Legal Adviser to the Economic Operation Committee of the National Grid – COES between 2011-2013
- International Degree in Energy Management from ESAN University.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Electricity, Gas and Energy Law from Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (UPC).
- International Degree in Wholesale Electricity Markets from the Latin American Energy Organization (OLADE).
- Universidad de San Martín de Porres, Law Degree; 2007.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Miranda & Amado has a long and ‘superior‘ track record in this sector, advising significant market players on some of the largest projects in the country, including regulatory issues and dispute resolution. Engie Energia Peru, Enel Generación and IC Power (parent company of Kallpa Generación and its hydropower station Cerro del Aguila), and Samay (which owns the Puerto Bravo thermal power plant in Arequipa), are all clients. An impressive team is led by the ‘very knowledgeable‘ Luis Marcelo De-Bernardis, a leading figure in the sector who can also draw on the experience of counsel Marifé Martinelli, (formerly of regulator OSINERGMIN), as well as the extensive multidisciplinary expertise spread throughout the firm. Specialist associate Pedro A Morales is a former in-house lawyer at the Economic Operations Committee of Peru’s transmission authority, COES. Other matters include advising Minera Chinalco Peru on all the regulatory issues and procedures related to the supply of electricity to the Toromocho mining project from the national grid.
- Electricity - Peru > Energy and natural resources
- Rising stars - Peru > Energy and natural resources > Electricity
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- Projects and infrastructure
- Real estate