Mr Jeremy Naylor > Proskauer Rose LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Proskauer Rose LLP Offices
11 TIMES SQUARE
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10036-8299
- Go to...
Mr Jeremy Naylor
Jeremy Naylor is a partner in Proskauer’s Tax Department and a member of the Private Funds Group. Jeremy works with fund sponsors across asset classes, and their investors, in all tax aspects of private investment fund matters.
In addition, Jeremy works with his fund sponsor clients in designing and implementing carried interest plans and other compensation arrangements for the general partners of private funds.
Jeremy also advises U.S. and non-U.S. institutional investors, governmental investors, pension trusts and other tax-exempt organizations in their investments in private funds and joint ventures.
He also frequently represents secondary fund managers in connection with the tax aspects of their business, including fund formation, secondary transactions (including restructurings and private tender offers), primary investments and co-investments.
Jeremy also advises on M&A transactions involving his investment management clients, including minority sale transactions, preferred financing and control transactions.
Jeremy has significant experience structuring inbound investment in U.S. real estate by non-U.S. investors. In addition, Jeremy has significant experience in structuring domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, advising on capital markets transactions and equity compensation arrangements.
Jeremy is a frequent speaker at industry conferences related to private investment funds, including the Merrill Lynch Private Equity and Venture Capital CFO Conference and the Practising Law Institute’s series on international tax. In addition, Jeremy frequently participates in webinars and provides other thought leadership in print media related to changes in the tax laws and their impact on private fund managers.
Proskauer Rose LLP is highly regarded for its capabilities in fund formation tax structuring, routinely advising on complex, high-value ventures for a myriad of blue-chip entities. Practice head Ira Bogner leads the team on a host of big-ticket acquisitions, divestitures, and investments for clients from the worlds of media, healthcare, logistics, private equity, banking, and financial services. David Miller is recommended for his diverse sector focus and a far-reaching skillset that spans financial instruments and derivatives, corporate partnerships, and private foundations. In addition to her expertise in private investment funds, Amanda Nussbaum maintains a robust sports law focus, working with various teams and leagues on the full gamut of tax issues. In Boston, Arnold May and Jeremy Naylor‘s private equity-focused practice sees the pair advising institutional investors, governmental investors, and pension trusts on investments, joint ventures, and internal organization matters. Promoted to partner in November 2021, Janicelynn Park assists clients with secondary transactions and investment partnerships across various asset classes. All named lawyers are based in New York unless noted otherwise.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Tax > Financial products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Industry focus > Sport
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Insurance: advice to policyholders
- Tax > International tax
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Media, technology and telecoms > Technology transactions
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Leading trial lawyers
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: equity offerings