Dr Fangli Chen > Proskauer Rose LLP > Boston, United States > Lawyer Profile
Proskauer Rose LLP Offices
ONE INTERNATIONAL PLACE, 14TH FLOOR
BOSTON, MA 02110-2600
- Go to...
Dr Fangli Chen
Dr. Fangli Chen is a partner in Proskauer’s Litigation Department and vice-chair of the Life Sciences Patent Practice. She represents all types of companies in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries, and has deep scientific expertise and a strong business sense. Fangli effectively identifies and transforms technological developments into valuable intellectual property assets for her clients and specializes in the strategic development of complex IP portfolios for companies that align with their business goals.
Fangli’s practice also focuses on post-grant review before the USPTO, oppositions, pre-litigation and litigation strategy, due diligence investigations, freedom-to-operate, non-infringement and invalidity analysis, licensing and other IP matters in connection with commercial transactions. She handles a variety of technology areas including biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, immunotherapy, enzyme replacement therapy, nucleic acid based technologies including messenger RNA therapy, gene therapy, gene editing, antisense and oligonucleotides based therapies, vaccines, bioinformatics, and small molecule compound drugs.
Fangli also has a wealth of experience in the following areas:
- Post-grant challenges: representing clients in inter partes review interference and various foreign opposition proceedings.
- Technology transactions & licensing: advising clients on matters relating to technology or material transfer, licensing and research collaborations.
- Investment or acquisition counsel: assisting investors in assessing the technology and intellectual property assets and risks for potential target investments and counseling companies on intellectual property matters in connection with public offering or acquisition.
Proskauer Rose LLP fields a team of IP experts with distinct expertise in the life sciences sector. Its litigators defend its clients’ patents and trade secrets, with particular expertise acting on behalf of biologics and biosimilars. Reviews of post-grant products are another unique speciality of the firm. Los Angeles-based Siegmund Gutman is particularly noteworthy, combining deep experience in Hatch Waxman litigation with industry ties in the biotech sector. Vice-Chair Fangli Chen is known for her patent prosecutions and strategic advice and is based in Boston. Also key are New York-based transactional attorney Robert Cantone and managing partner Daryn Grossman.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Media, technology and telecoms > Advertising and marketing: litigation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Tax > Financial products
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Venture capital and emerging companies
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Industry focus > Sport
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Intellectual property > Copyright
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Industry focus > Insurance: advice to policyholders
- Tax > International tax
- Tax > Not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Environment: transactional
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Media, technology and telecoms > Outsourcing
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Intellectual property > Trademarks: litigation
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: life sciences
- Industry focus > Healthcare: service providers
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Private equity buyouts
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Media, technology and telecoms > Technology transactions
- Media, technology and telecoms > Telecoms and broadcast: transactions
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Leading trial lawyers
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: equity offerings