Brendan Gallen > Proskauer Rose LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Proskauer Rose LLP Offices
- Go to...
Corporate; Private Funds
Brendan is a special funds counsel in Proskauer’s Corporate Department and a member of Proskauer’s Private Funds Group.
Brendan’s practice focuses on advising clients on the structuring, establishment and operation of, and investment into, alternative investment funds across all major asset classes including credit, private equity, infrastructure and real estate. He also advises in relation to spin outs, secondary transactions, GP-led restructurings, managed accounts, carried interest and other co-investment schemes.
Brendan has acted for clients such as as AnaCap Financial Partners, Apax, Athene Capital, BlackRock, Bridgepoint, CVC, EQT, Goldman Sachs, Hg, iCON, Palamon Capital, Patron Capital, Permira, and 17Capital.
Proskauer Rose LLP advises top institutions including asset managers, buyout houses, funds of funds and new managers on fund formations across a diverse range of fund structures and asset classes, including private equity, infrastructure, special situations, and renewable energy funds. The firm combines this broad expertise with an active secondaries practice, including transactions, GP-led secondaries, and continuation funds. The team, praised for its ‘ superb breadth and depth of experience’ is led by Nigel van Zyl, an experienced practitioner who enjoys strong relationships with a variety of major funds clients, handling large-scale fund formation and operational mandates, including carried interest and co-investments, and internal governance issues. Bruno Bertrand-Delfau specialises in secondaries matters, advising on major transactions within the European and US markets, and is also active on behalf of institutional investors. The ‘commercial and pragmatic‘ Peter Olds arrived from Weil, Gotshal & Manges (London) LLP in early 2021, and advises on fund formations and secondaries across a variety of asset classes, while ‘creative’ and ‘knowledgeable’ counsel Brendan Gallen is also a key member of the team. Aranpreet Randhawa was promoted to partner in late 2020.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds (including infrastructure funds)
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium