Robert Gaut > Proskauer Rose LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Proskauer Rose LLP Offices
- Go to...
Robert Gaut is a tax partner and head of Proskauer’s UK tax practice in London.
Robert provides advice on a full range of UK and international tax issues relating to fund formation, private equity deals, finance transactions and private equity real estate matters.
Robert is highly-regarded for his ability to provide sophisticated tax advice to many of the world’s preeminent multinational companies, sovereign wealth funds, investment banks and private equity funds. Clients have commented to legal directories that Robert is “really technical and knows his stuff,” and “has a very strong knowledge of the various tax laws, but also presents more innovative techniques and strategies.” Robert works with Proskauer clients such as Ares Management, Montagu and Lion Capital.
The group at Proskauer Rose LLP is most noted for its funds tax work, where the team exhibits a strength in cross-border structures. Practice head Robert Gaut has vast experience of a range of matters, including corporate tax structuring, real estate tax and fund formation. Stephen Pevsner focuses on private fund formation and private equity tax, while London office managing partner Mary Kuusisto offers US tax advice for private investment funds with investments in the UK.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds (including infrastructure funds)
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Finance > High yield
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+