Steven Baker > Proskauer Rose LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Proskauer Rose LLP Offices
- Go to...
Steven Baker is a partner in Proskauer’s Litigation department and a member of the International Arbitration group. He has over 25 years of experience advising clients on complex, often multi-jurisdictional disputes in a wide range of industries, including asset management, technology, life sciences, financial services and defence sectors. He also has extensive experience advising upon and managing disputes for clients involving major technology or telecommunications projects and their financing, technology licensing and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Steven lectures on dispute resolution-related matters, including on the M. Sc. Major Projects course at Said Business School, University of Oxford. He is also the co-author of a leading publication on technology disputes entitled, “IT Contracts and Dispute Management: A Practitioner’s Guide to the Project Lifecycle”, a second edition having been commissioned.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals) (Firms to watch)
Proskauer Rose LLP hired its first London litigation partner, Dorothy Murray from King & Wood Mallesons, in March 2020. It continued to show its commitment to building its practice with the addition of Steven Baker from White & Case LLP in February 2021. Supported by the firm’s strong City transactional practices (including its impressive funds practice) and its large US team, the practice is one to watch.
- Leading individuals - London > Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Firms to watch - London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds (including infrastructure funds)
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium