Mary Kuusisto > Proskauer Rose LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Proskauer Rose LLP Offices
- Go to...
Private Funds; Tax
Mary B. Kuusisto is a partner in Proskauer’s Private Funds Group, a member of the Tax Department, the Firm’s Executive Committee and head of the London office.
Mary has over 25 years of experience in the private equity industry. She advises clients on structuring and operations of private investment funds globally, with particular experience in tax-related matters. She has represented numerous private investment funds in their formation and operational activities, including venture capital, buyout, distressed debt, credit, natural resource, secondary, and funds of funds, as well as geographic and sector specific funds. Mary also advises investment fund managers and general partners with respect to their internal governance, compensation arrangements and economic structures.
Another significant aspect of Mary’s practice involves advising various types of institutional investors on their investments in global private investment funds. Among others, she has advised funds of funds, pension funds, endowments and foundations – both U.S. and non-U.S. – in connection with their alternative investment strategies.
Mary also has extensive experience advising both buyers and sellers of secondary fund interests in connection with tax matters.
Proskauer Rose LLP has a ‘commercially minded‘ tax team with a ‘deep understanding‘ of fund formation-related tax issues. Robert Gaut heads up the practice and is an ‘outstanding tax adviser‘. Stephen Pevsner has deep expertise in private fund formation and private equity sector tax work. Managing partner Mary Kuusisto is a ‘clear standout‘ in the field of private equity taxation, and Catherine Sear is a key point of contact for fund tax work.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds (including infrastructure funds)
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium