Alexander Griffith > Proskauer Rose LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Proskauer Rose LLP Offices
- Go to...
Corporate; Private Credit; Finance
Alex Griffith is a partner in Proskauer’s Corporate Department and a member of Proskauer’s Private Credit and Finance Groups.
Alex’s practice focuses on leveraged finance and general debt finance work, advising senior, mezzanine, second lien, unitranche and other private capital providers.
His extensive experience covers a wide range of transactions, including corporate refinancings, management buyouts and buy-ins, recapitalizations, institutional acquisitions, restructurings, public-to-private takeovers (both domestic and international), and other innovative, first-in-kind transactions involving private sources of capital.
In addition, Alex advises financial sponsors, corporates and management teams on the raising of debt finance in the European Markets.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Proskauer Rose LLP‘s single-minded focus on penetrating the non-bank lending market continues to pay dividends, with some of the most active and prolific credit funds in the market, including Ares, Alcentra and Intermediate Capital Group, providing a regular flow of instructions on their direct lending mandates. Indeed, with four partners focused exclusively on work in the space, the team ‘really knows the market‘, enabling it to provide ‘reasonable and commercial advice‘, which is totally centred around getting the deal done. Alex Griffith and Ben Davis are both prolific and are adept across a range of debt structures, including unitranche, first out/last out and holdco PIK. Daniel Hendon was the most recent addition to the partnership ranks, following his promotion in November 2019, and is gaining plaudits for his ‘responsive and knowledgeable‘ service.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds (including infrastructure funds)
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Investment fund formation and management > Fund finance
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium