Liliana Pautrat > CMS Grau > Lima, Peru > Lawyer Profile
CMS Grau Offices
AV. SANTA MARÍA 110
- Go to...
Partner. She specializes in Mining and Environmental Law with recognized expertise in the planning and development of major mining projects.
Liliana provides counsel on mining and environmental regulatory matters. She held different positions in the Public Administration as President of the Mining Council of the Ministry of Energy and Mines, General Director of Legal Affairs of the National Institute of Geology, Mining and Metallurgy, Member of the Advisory Committee of the Public Registry, advisor to the Energy and Mining Investment Supervising Organism (Osinergmin). She also lectures widely on mining law events. Professor of Mining Law at Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (UPC) – Lawreate International University.
Spanish and English.
Lima Bar Association (CAL); National Institute of Mining Law, Oil and Energy (INDEMIPE – former President); Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation (RMMLF); Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC); Peruvian Institute of Mine Engineers (IIMP); Mining Legal Committees of National Society of Mining, Oil and Energy (SNMPE); International Bar Association (IBA).
- Law Degree and Candidate of Master in Civil and Commercial Law – Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos; Diploma in Strategic Management of Mining Companies – Universidad del Pacífico;
- Program Finance and Business Law for Lawyers – Universidad ESAN.
Read and Travel.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
A market leader for property-rights issues within the mining sector, CMS Grau is also experienced in the full suite of legal matters facing the industry, from corporate and business strategy and financing, through to project development and conflicts. The firm reports a busy year advising its high-calibre client base on Covid-related regulations and implications, including the donation of oxygen to public medical centres of local communities. In contrast, it is also acting for Macusani Yellowcake, a subsidiary of Plateau Energy Metals, on the defence of 32 of its mining titles against forfeiture attempted by the Peruvian mining authorities. The practice benefits from the skill of five partners, led by the very experienced Cecilia Gonzales and including: Liliana Pautrat who is highly focused on the exploration, exploitation, processing and mining transport activities of operations; mining M&A and finance partner Marité Aragaki; and former in-house mining lawyer, Raúl Ferreryra.
- Next Generation Partners - Peru > Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Mining - Peru > Energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Bankruptcy and restructuring
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Public law and regulation
- Banking and finance
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- Labour and employment
- Projects and infrastructure
- TMT (Technology, media and telecoms)
- Capital markets
- Dispute resolution