Roberth Rojas > CMS Grau > Lima, Peru > Lawyer Profile
CMS Grau Offices
AV. SANTA MARÍA 110
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Current Partner of CMS Grau in the Real Estate practice.
Real Estate Partner
Roberth Rojas is a lawyer in the Real Estate area and has extensive experience in matters related to the acquisition and physical and legal sanitation of properties for investment projects related to the extractive industry (mining, gas, oil), road infrastructure or power generation, with the capacity to elaborate and develop operative resettlement plans, negotiation strategies (possessors, private owners, associations, cooperatives, peasant communities or native communities), liberation of areas. He has experience in proposing alternatives for the establishment of access and permission agreements for the use of land, highlighting his experience in managing and managing dialogue tables with peasant communities, civil society, neighborhood and community associations, and local authorities.
His advice includes direct negotiation as a proxy in the acquisition of land and / or rights for investment projects, he has also been a legal consultant to the Operations Management of the Urban Property Rights Project of COFOPRI
In addition, he was Project Manager at Social Capital Group – Ramiro Priale Highway Expansion Project; Legal Coordinator for LAMSAC (Vía Parque Rímac Project); External Legal Advisor to Rio Tinto Minera Peru and Anglo American Michiquillay S.A; Negotiating Attorney and Representative of Xstrata Peru and Xstrata Tintaya – Las Bambas Mining Project, Negotiating Agent of the Peru LNG Gas Pipeline. He currently advises Minera Las Bambas and Gases del Norte del Perú – GASNORP in the negotiation, acquisition and release of areas for the development and operation of the projects.
Spanish and english.
Lima Bar Association (CAL).
- 2021 – International Diploma in Community Relations and Social Responsibility, organized by the ESAN University.
- 2019 – Master’s Degree in Mediation and Conflict Management – International University of Valencia (VIU).
- 2016 – Environmental Conflict Management Specialized Diploma, Cámara Nacional Comercio del Perú.
- 2015 – Urban Enabling and Legal Clearance Higher Specialization Diploma, Instituto Superior Peruano de Actualización y Capacitación Jurídica.
- 2014 – Environmental Legislation for the Mining Sector Program – BS Group – Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration (SME) – Peru Section.
- 2011 – Extrajudicial Conciliator – Asociación Internacional de Mecanismos Alternativos de Resolución de Conflictos ASIMARC – Cajamarca Bar Association.
- 2009 – Negotiation Strategies and Effective Communication in Conflict Management Diploma, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- 2004 – Law Degree, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos.
Peru > Real estate
CMS Grau is ‘very creative in solutions and has a lot of experience in the issues it handles’. Its full-spectrum offering encompasses expertise in the development of both urban and rural real estate projects, and it also acts for a large number of clients in the energy and mining sectors. The team caters to both domestic and foreign players in the market, handling tax, financing, acquisitions and dispositions, permitting and construction issues, among other matters. The practice group is jointly led by Raúl Ravina, Carolina Gajate and recently promoted (November 2021) partners Roberth Rojas and Juan Pulgar-Vidal. Ravina is a name to note for large infrastructure projects and rural developments and has considerable experience of property rights and land rectification issues; while Gajate handles urban developments, such as housing projects, strip malls and office buildings. Rojas and Pulgar-Vidal are recommended for property management and community relations issues, with Pulgar-Vidal also handling dispute resolution.